PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Database Question Regarding Agent Roles

Posted 02-25-2021 10:20
    Hi All,

I'm new here and sorry if I'm not phrasing this correctly: I am currently using SQL to pull data from the backend and am looking for the agents' roles, but cannot find the correct table. Does anyone know whether there is a table with such data? An example is Agent1234 has a role of "Customer Service Rep", Agent 1235 has a role of "Supervisor".

Thanks!
    Eric
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Eric Bertolini
    FedPoint

• 2.  RE: Database Question Regarding Agent Roles

Posted 02-25-2021 10:23
    Eric,

Configuration data is not stored in the Database, but rather in the IC Server's registry.

One-off enquiries are best performed in Interaction Administrator (look at the User or Role object) but if your intent is to create a report then there are a number of approaches depending upon the exact requirement.

If you post exactly what you are trying to achieve, we may be able to help further.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Database Question Regarding Agent Roles

Posted 02-25-2021 10:47
    Hey Paul,

I'm trying to send out a weekly report with an agent's statistics including how many calls he/she has taken, the duration of the calls, etc. My manager has requested I add the agent's role as well so that his/her manager can view it.

Thanks for looking into this!
    Eric

Eric Bertolini
    FedPoint

• 4.  RE: Database Question Regarding Agent Roles

Posted 02-25-2021 16:29
    OK, well it may be a case of attending the Handlers and Custom Reporting classes.

Using a Handler, you could add the Agents Role(s) as call attributes (I don't think they are there by default) then you could write that to the Custom Attributes tables for the Reports and extend the stock reports to display it.

You may have to consider how you want to handle situations where an Agent has multiple Roles though.

• 5.  RE: Database Question Regarding Agent Roles

Posted 02-25-2021 16:46
    Alternatively, @Trent Vance may have a suggestion. I know he has provided some interesting solutions to reporting against configuration data in the past.

Trent is an absolute legend when it comes to reports!

• 6.  RE: Database Question Regarding Agent Roles

GENESYS
    Posted 02-25-2021 17:54
    Oh boy - now I fell like I gotta live up to it! 

But yes, that data actually is in the database now, via the use of the Enhanced IA Change Log Report Log.  If you haven't already, navigate to the Report Logs in Interaction Administrator and enable that report log.  But be sure to do it after hours.  It will take a current "snapshot" of the config in IA for the Users, Workgroups, Licenses, Skills, Roles, and Default User nodes and write that information to the database.  Moreover, it will use that as a starting point and if any of those settings are altered, it will log the previous value and new value to the database as well. 

Having said that, after you enable the report log, have a look at the EnhancedIAChangeLog and IAAttributeLog tables.  There are other tables that this information writes to as well, but those two should give you a good start.  As an example, you'll end up with information that looks kinda like this:

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Trent.

• 7.  RE: Database Question Regarding Agent Roles

Posted 02-26-2021 12:30
    Thanks so much Paul and Trent!

Got exactly what I needed!

Thanks,
    Eric

Eric Bertolini
    FedPoint

• 8.  RE: Database Question Regarding Agent Roles

Posted 03-07-2021 14:16
    Eric,

Another option from AppFoundry is RegReporter, I have been using the Free version for a year, I just ordered the licensed "PRO" version
    The free version includes a "Roles" report that shows Role Name, username, displayname.   There is a command line option to automated things.

https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/pureconnect/listing/a49aff18-65ee-4f55-9598-5465c09be5f4

Pete Schroeder
    American Customer Care, Inc
    pschroeder@accare.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources