PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Oracle DATABase and Recorder Storage Migration

Posted 09-15-2019 06:33
    HI,

I am working on Migration of PureConnect to completely new Virtual Servers. In this regards, I have 2 questions and I would appreciate if anyone helps me in this regards.

• Existing Version of PureConnect is 2017 R3, now we are installing the latest version 2019 R3 Patch 1 on the new virtual machines, Customer using Oracle Database. Now we want to integrate Oracle Database using the Existing PureConnect Database from the old version.
      • When I run IC Setup Assistance on the new server it asks me to upgrade the Database, Now if I do that will affect the old system if so how will it affect because for few days they will use the old servers as well after new version installation.
      • After Upgrading is it possible to get the reports and recordings from the old information.
    • We are also having a new location for Recodings storage, now how can I bring old recordings to the new server where I should be able to retrieve old and new recoding from the new PureConnect ICBM. 

Kindly need your support in this regards
    #Implementation
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Mohammad

• 2.  RE: Oracle DATABase and Recorder Storage Migration

Posted 09-16-2019 08:42
    Good morning,

Just some thoughts about your questions.  I'm not an Oracle Db expert but could you just replicate the current Database to another instance and then use this copy to be your future Production Database?  

For the Recording Location, if you use a copy of the same Db, the Media URI path is embedded in the database, so when you'll search for an old recording, if it's still at the original location, you'll be able to listen to your calls.  The new recording will put your newest path in the Media URI Column.  That way, both old and new recording will be accessible.

Have a nice day!

Sylvain Richard
    Global Excel Management Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources