PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Click-to-Dial CRM numbers using Interaction Connect

Posted 12-02-2019 23:39
    Hi,

I have a new customer who currently uses a Skype-for-Business plug-in to allow them to click-to-dial phone numbers in their CRM screens and have SFB handle the call.

I want to replace this functionality with a solution that takes the click-to-dial phone number and places the call from Interaction Connect.

I have read the Genesys information at 

Click to Dial a Web Page Hyperlink

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_icde/desktop/click_a_web_page_hyperlink_to_place_a_call.htm 

I tried to do this by changing the CallTo: protocol on the computer from SFB to Interaction Connect, but it is looking for a locally installed application to point to. I can use Interaction Desktop, but the customer is using Interaction Connect so I have no way of calling Interaction Connect (that I know of).

How do other people do click-to-dial for Interaction Connect?
    Is there a Genesys utility or app to load on the PC, so Callto: protocol can point to it?

Thanks,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Telephony

• 2.  RE: Click-to-Dial CRM numbers using Interaction Connect

Posted 12-23-2019 11:13
    Hi,

Based on my experience, i used ICWS API to logon and send api for click to call. 
    However, you may need to consider effort because you need to logon to API for session control which might have concern if you are currently using Windows Sign-On option for agent. ICWS supported either CIC Credential or SSO. 

https://help.genesys.com/developer/cic/docs/icws/webhelp/conceptualcontent/welcome.htm

------------------------------
    Withaya Panichpreechakorn
    Terrabit

• 3.  RE: Click-to-Dial CRM numbers using Interaction Connect

Posted 12-23-2019 15:49
    Hi Withaya,

I'll have a look at this option. 
    Thanks for your suggestion.

• 4.  RE: Click-to-Dial CRM numbers using Interaction Connect

Posted 12-24-2019 08:48
    We had the same requirement and what I ended up doing was creating a handler that acts as a service to make calls. The handler listens on a specific port, and takes the userid, phone number, interaction id (more on this), and an action. Initially the app calls this service with just the name and phone number. The handler looks that the user is logged into a station or has a default station configured, and places the call to the phone number. The handler then returns the interactionidkey in JSON. The app can then call the handler with predefined actions (disconnect, hold, mute) with the interaction id to perform the action. This is by no means a perfect or even really an elegant solution, but the effort to get it going was minimal.

Pros:
    • Quick setup
    • Users do not need to remember logons
    • No client sessions to manage.
    • For the user, it is super simple to use.

Cons:
    • The Interaction id is only returned if the call connects (<- If someone knows a work around to this I am all ears), so the user must disconnect locally in Desktop/Connect.
    • Only handles most basic call controls, no support for transfers or conferences.

Sean Walls

• 5.  RE: Click-to-Dial CRM numbers using Interaction Connect

Posted 12-26-2019 15:48
    Hi Sean,

Once the app makes the call can it be controlled in Interaction Connect, My Interactions or is it only controllable in the app basic call controls?

Thanks.

• 6.  RE: Click-to-Dial CRM numbers using Interaction Connect

Posted 12-27-2019 08:50
    The interaction can still be controlled by the user in Interaction Desktop/Connect.

Sean Walls

• 7.  RE: Click-to-Dial CRM numbers using Interaction Connect

Posted 12-29-2019 15:21
    Thanks for your help Sean.
    That's what I'm after.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources