PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  transferring chats

Posted 10-16-2019 10:30

How do you handle transferring chats from one workgroup to another?

• Checking schedules if another contact center is closed or in a meeting.
    • Bringing over prior chat information and transcript.
    • After transferring, presenting it to a rep who may not have the original skilling assigned to the chat.

#Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Conor Twomey
    Arbella Service Company, Inc. and its Affiliates

• 2.  RE: transferring chats

Posted 10-17-2019 04:15
    Hi Connor,

There are different ways to go about this I think.

I created a Handler for doing a similar thing, but it checks and compares schedules from IA. This then sends a JSON message to the front end webservice, with Open or Closed message.

The transfer bit, I solve another way, because we use mobile authentication for chat, so what I do is I create a specific Workgroup just for receiving chats from them front end. What happens when the chat reaches that workgroup, I run a Handler to check if the authentication was a Success, if Yes then I use a transfer step in the Handlers to move the chat to another Workgroup, and if No it moves the chat to another workgroup.  During this process you could also strip the Skill when you transfer, but I have not done that myself :)

Regarding the transcript, then usually the chat history will move with the chat when it is transferred, so I am not really sure what you mean.  Are you talking about moving the chat history from a Chatbot over to the ICWS chat?

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources