PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to play a hold music for a particular time via Handlers

Posted 10-10-2019 14:27
    ​Hi All,

Is there any tool or way through which I can play a prompt or a hold music for a certain amount of time?

Use Case:

While in queue:
    1. Play hold music for 50 Seconds,
    2. Call a subroutine and perform some checks
    3. If checks are valid send to voicemail else sent to step 1.

I know timeout can be set via Attendant but I cannot use Attendant for this.
    I have to do it via handlers only.
    Is there any way I can achieve it ?

Thanks,
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Raghav Gupta
    Accenture USA

• 2.  RE: How to play a hold music for a particular time via Handlers

Posted 10-10-2019 15:09
    In the Play Audio File tool, you can specify a defined audio source and duration:

If you had an audio source defined in Interaction Administrator as "MOH" you wanted to play for 30 seconds, you could put in the following in the "Audio File Name (.wav) field:

"Audio:MOH:30"

I haven't seen official documentation for this, but I picked it up from looking at work that Interactive PSO had done previously.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: How to play a hold music for a particular time via Handlers

Posted 10-11-2019 10:21
    There is documentation about limiting how long an audio source plays somewhere, I remember seeing it a while back. Put your logic in CustomACDCallHolding and you should be good to go. I've made very similar customizations using what Aaron mentions above.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 4.  RE: How to play a hold music for a particular time via Handlers

Posted 10-11-2019 18:33
    Hi Mark & Aaron,

I tried to put it under ACDHolding but it's not even playing the prompt from there.

Is there anything i need to add somewhere else?

Because it's hitting the customisation point but not playing the prompt it's just bypassing it.

• 5.  RE: How to play a hold music for a particular time via Handlers

Posted 10-14-2019 10:04
    Raghav,

Can you provide some more details as to how you have your play prompts configured. Also did you look in the IP log to see why the system can't play the prompt, it should provide some additional details.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources