PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Looking at moving from On Prem to cloud

Posted 04-15-2022 11:21
    Hello Community,

I have been given the nod to look at the idea of moving from our On prem to the Cloud based solution.  We are a rather unique set up - we do not use the call center, but use Interactive Attendant to take calls, query web services, take payments and update the backend systems (all via our custom handlers and web services that handle the payments and back end system updates.)

I was hoping for some guidance as to the best way to look at the feasibility and ROI on such a migration.

#CloudMigration(NEW)
    #Handlers
    #Security

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: Looking at moving from On Prem to cloud

Posted 04-15-2022 13:47
    We've been getting vendor demos from a few players in this space as we're receiving pressure to migrate to the cloud.

From the vendors that I've seen, from a cost aspect, I feel like AWS Connect could be beneficial since you're not actually using contact center agents and it feels like it has a very nice developer environment for customization.  Most of the anecdotal complaints I've heard about the platform have been related to agent experience/agent call quality and the potential for wacky billing since everything is usage based.

That said, the variable billing is a bit of a nightmare in my scenario, so I'm not certain that they'll end up being a fit for us.

Just my 2 cents from the demos that I've seen in the past few months.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Looking at moving from On Prem to cloud

Posted 04-17-2022 13:58
    Ditto! No call center, Attendant to route, hundreds of custom handlers supporting many applications from simple dtmf collection to ASR Address recognition and 12 option dynamic menus built on the fly; based on backend OMS data retrieved. Just learned this week that we must be rid of physical servers by the end of the year and migrated to a cloud solution.
    We've had a few demos with Genesys recently and I do know that the custom handlers don't migrate to the cloud so we essentially have to start over. I don't have guidance to give but I am curious to hear what others say as I embark on the same journey.

LaDonna Brown
    CDS GLOBAL

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources