PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call is not going to longest available agent

Posted 09-23-2019 10:55
    Hi All,

I have custom work-group and I am transferring the call to this work-group so that if agents are available on this work-group will receive the call.
    While testing this login, my call is going to  that agent who is in available/ready state from short time. Ideally call should go to that agent who is in available/ready state from longer time.
    Any assistance on this would be really appreciable.
    Thanks.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Rahul C Tyagi
    Accenture India

• 2.  RE: Call is not going to longest available agent

Posted 09-23-2019 11:28
    Are you doing custom acd processing in a handler?  In the "Acd Initiate Processing" there is an input for "Weight for Agent Available Time", you can set this value to make time in available have more of a factor on the interaction than skills.  If you are doing regular acd processing (Administrator > Workgroups > Configuration > Workgroup has Queue > ACD) then on the ACD tab you can go to Options and check the box "Use Available time in skills calculation'.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 3.  RE: Call is not going to longest available agent

Posted 09-24-2019 01:01
    Rahul
    Try tracing the selection calculation.
    Amend the tracelevel for acdserver.selection to be 81 while you are investigating this, you can get something like
    CQItem::EvaluateSkills : agentname workgroup proficiency: 1 * 1 (proficiency weight) = 1 [11001534357] for item
    CQItem::EvaluateAgent : agentname skills: 1 * 1 = 1 [1]
    CQItem::EvaluateAgent : agentname cost: 0 * 1 = 0 [1]
    CQItem::EvaluateAgent : agentname's last interaction completed 12 seconds ago: 1 * 1.5 = 1.5 [2.5]
    The ACD Technical Reference provides information on agent (and interaction) scoring used in allocation

Tarquin Bell
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 4.  RE: Call is not going to longest available agent

GENESYS
    Posted 09-27-2019 11:29
    Edited by Tyler Hammer 09-27-2019 11:29
    One of the biggest misconceptions about ACD is the "Agent available the longest". Most people think that this means the person who logged in first should get the call first but in reality, what is used in the calculation is the "Time since last interaction". 

So make this a bit more clear, we can use the following example:

Agent A receives an interaction at 4:00 PM on Day 1. 
    Agent B receives an interaction at 4:50 PM on Day 1. 
    -- New Day --
    Agent B logs in at 8:00 AM on Day 2. 
    Agent A logs in at 8:30 AM on Day 2. 

Normally you would assume that since Agent B logged in first, they'd be the first to receive an interaction. However, because the calculation utilizes "Time since last interaction" as the value, we would actually expect Agent A to receive the call since Agent B has received an interaction more recently. 

Ultimately the best way to determine why an interaction is going to a specific agent is to turn up ACD Tracing to 60, with the subtopics of ACD and Selection to 80. 

Tyler Hammer
    Associate Software Engineer - Genesys

• 5.  RE: Call is not going to longest available agent

Posted 10-01-2019 17:46
    Hi,

A while ago I posted a video made by one of my colleagues that explains how to trace the ACD calculations through the Logs. Well worth watching and might help you figure it out :-)

Take a look at it here

HTH

• 6.  RE: Call is not going to longest available agent

Posted 10-01-2019 18:40

Paul

That's a great video, clearer than the Tech Ref.

Best Regards

Tarquin Bell

Senior Telephony Administrator

GPO Box 2924 Brisbane Qld 4001

30 Little Cribb Street Milton Qld 4064
    T 07 3333 7033 | M 0427 667 110 | W sunsuper.com.au

Sunsuper Pty Ltd

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This email is from Sunsuper Pty Ltd (ABN 88 010 720 840; AFSL 228975) or one of its wholly owned subsidiaries - Sunsuper Financial Services Pty Ltd (ABN 50 087 154 818; AFSL 227867) or Precision Administration Services Pty Ltd (ABN 47 098 977 667; AFSL 246604). It may be confidential or privileged. If you do not wish to receive future e-mail messages please send an e-mail to privacy_officer@sunsuper.com.au with the subject line UNSUBSCRIBE. Our full email footer is available at http://www.sunsuper.com.au/transmission_disclaimer/ For ratings and awards information refer to sunsuper.com.au/ratingsagencies

• 7.  RE: Call is not going to longest available agent

Posted 10-08-2019 13:51
    Paul
    This is a great video

Micheal McComber
    Sutter Health

• 8.  RE: Call is not going to longest available agent

Posted 10-08-2019 16:41
    I wish I could take credit for producing it, sadly all I did was share it ;-)

Credit should go to Matt McClellan who actually made it....​

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources