Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  System changing agent status to on queue

Posted 07-31-2019 22:12
    I have a new agent that went off queue at the end of her shift last night, but somehow was returned on On Queue despite closing out of PureCloud and restarting her workstation before leaving. At first I thought it was just an issue with the view, but I can see where it tried routing a call to her as it showed her as 'not responding.' The same thing happened today. A supervisor watched her change her status to off queue, but a few minutes later the performance view showed her as on queue and attempted to route a call to her. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas what could be going on and how I can prevent it?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Group, Inc.

• 2.  RE: System changing agent status to on queue

Posted 07-31-2019 22:28
    Hi Emily
    Have had similar experiences with a few agents lately as they have changed their statuses. One agent made the status change while waiting for their next call and although they had set themselves to break the call landed and they had no other option but to take the call. Once the call completed the agent ceased receiving further calls.
    Its a low priority for us as it not a regularly occurrence.
    What i have found is that there are 2 ways you can switch your status with 2 different affects.
    1. Agent is on-queue and they select off-queue. The status switches to last known - we have found in this scenario that calls will still come through to agents as i believe its in the transition stage of identifying that the agent was on-queue at the time in that split second the call drops in.

2. Agent is on existing call and they go off queue before the call ends. This sends the message that agent is not available for next call. Agent then switches the status via status options further preventing more calls and visually advises others they are no longer on queue.

While both actions may seem the same, they have 2 different outcomes. 

Might also be Utilization settings found under Admin, how many calls per agent and can they be interrupted by other media types?

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    3 Years Purecloud

• 3.  RE: System changing agent status to on queue

Posted 07-31-2019 22:49
    Thanks Darryn, I'll keep this in mind. What's really odd about this is that it did show the agent as being off queue for a brief period of time (maybe 5-10 minutes minimum) but then put her back on queue. The fact that it's happened two days in a row now really has me concerned, and that it appears to just be happening to her. I'm hoping things go back to normal tomorrow but if not, I'll probably try to grab console logs and open up a case. Just really hoping it doesn't get to that point.

Emily Kammerer

• 4.  RE: System changing agent status to on queue

GENESYS
    Posted 08-01-2019 01:40
    Emily, examine the Console and Network logs on the agent's machine afetr he/she selects Off Queue to make sure the Routing Status change is acknowledged by PureCloud.

Darryn, you describe typical behaviour, in that if an agent waits until after a call ends to select Off Queue, the system does not actull "approve" that routing status change for Outbound calls until it is certain all ongoing Dialer calls have been allocated to agents. There is a lag.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: System changing agent status to on queue

Posted 08-01-2019 11:48
    Thanks George. I am gathering the logs today and monitoring her status to see if a similar issue exists, so I will definitely check for that. Can I sneak in another agent status question? My agents are in a staggered transition from the PureCloud browser interface to the desktop app. In the browser, if the agent exited PureCloud it would display their status as offline. In the desktop app, it appears that when they exit it still shows them as available. Is this expected behavior? It appears to be for same day only. For example, an agent that migrated to the desktop app opened up PureCloud this morning and was working for an hour. After that hour, the agent closed PureCloud to work on other tasks. His status still shows as available an hour and a half later. A agent performing the same activities but working out of the browser is showing as offline.

Emily Kammerer

• 6.  RE: System changing agent status to on queue

GENESYS
    Posted 08-01-2019 12:33
    Hi, Emily,

Note that clicking the "X" upper right in the desktop app does not actually exit the app. It minimizes it to the background. To truly exit the desktop app am agent has to choose to "Quit" the app (right-click the menu bar and choose Quit, or Quit from the PureCloud menu in the app upper left in Windows or Mac OS).

So, I'm guessing your agents on the desktop app are just clicking the "X" thinking they are exiting the app, not noticing that it is still running in the background.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: System changing agent status to on queue

Posted 08-01-2019 14:06
    They definitely are. This is extremely helpful. Thank you!

Emily Kammerer

• 8.  RE: System changing agent status to on queue

GENESYS
    Posted 08-05-2019 10:03
    Hi Emily,

Thanks for posting your question in the community! Our friend @George Ganahl was able to provide a walkthrough in the most recent episode of the PureCloud Community Q&A Show! Check it out here!​

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Coordinator

• 9.  RE: System changing agent status to on queue

Posted 08-07-2019 10:18
    Neat! Thanks for the heads up!

Emily Kammerer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources