We had a screaming good time with this horror-themed trivia event. Our blood curled as we tallied up the points to realize, YET AGAIN, that this all boiled down to who posted their answer in the bonus question. The score was only differentiated by a scary two points!
But before we reveal the Scream Queen or King, here are the answers to the Horror Nights Trivia questions:
1. What was the original title of "The Blob?"
- The Jelly
- The Glob
- The Thing
- The Goo
(After hearing that cartoonist Walt Kelly had used The Glob as a title for his children's book, the production team mistakenly believed that they couldn't use that title, so they changed it to The Blob.
2. How many people associated with the making of "The Exorcist" died during production?
(Many say the movie was cursed because when the film started shooting, a bird flew into a circuit box and burned down the set. Well, everything was burned down BUT the room used for the exorcism scenes, yikes! After that, many people died who were associated with the film production and/or the actors/actresses in the movie including Jack McGowran, a watchman on set, and a special effects expert).
3. Freddy Krueger wants to know the address for the Genesys Knowledge Network. If you get it wrong, he'll see you in your dreams…
(Head on over and check out the amazing re-design that has everything at your fingertips!)
4. Who did Capt. Elliot Spencer become?
- Pumpkin Head
5. Which of the following is NOT another name for Halloween?
- All Hallow's Eve
- Witches Night
- Snap-Apple Night
- Eve of Dread
6. In "Alien" what animal sound did they modify in post-production to create the Alien's scream?
7. How many gallons of fake blood was used in the original "Nightmare on Elm Street" during production?
- 500 gallons
- 700 gallons
- 300 gallons
- 900 gallons
(A lot of this fake blood was used in the famous scene where Johnny Depp gets pulled into the bed).
8. Who is Mr. Punch?
- The caretaker of Sleepaway Camp
- A killer doll
- A carnival worker from "Something Wicked This Way Comes"
- A name of a ghost in "The Orphanage"
(Mr. Punch makes his terrifying debut in the horror movie, The Dolls).
9. What is the highest grossing horror movie of all time?
- The Sixth Sense
- The Blair Witch Project
- IT: Chapter 1
(Move over Speilberg! While Jaws made an impressive $483 million, IT: Chapter 1 killed it's competition with $701 million!)
10. You can make reservations for lunch in this infamous horror movie location. Where is it?
- Pet Sematary in Bangor, Maine
- Leatherface's house from Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- The Ennis house from House on Haunted Hill
- Port Reyes Lighthouse from The Fog
(I'm not sure why one would want to eat anywhere near this house, but alas, it is a food-option if you're in Texas).
11. If Jason Voorhees had to choose between the following GKN navigation options to find Genesys Cloud CX certification information, where would he go?
- Get Involved
- Education & Training
- Camp Crystal Lake
12. To promote the movie "The Ring," DreamWorks created what as a promotional gag?
- A VHS tape that was sent to your home
- A website with a warning about what would happen to you if you watched the video
- A lock of black hair in an envelope
- After entering your phone number, you'd receive a scary phone call
(I think this movie is scary enough without having a promotional gag to go along with it!)
13. What is the name of the demon who possesses Regan in "The Exorcist?"
14. What film is credited with coining the notorious phrase, "Do you like horror movies?"
- Final Destination
15. What movie has the famous line, "They're coming to get you Barbara!"
- 28 Weeks Later
- Cabin in the Woods
- Night of the Living Dead
16. Mogwai from "Gremlins" has three rules you should know about him. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
- Keep him out of direct sunlight
- Don't get him wet
- Don't feed him after midnight
- Don't play loud music around him
Now that you know where you stand, it's time to reveal our Horror Nights winner!
@Janelle Lopez you're our Scream Queen, congratulations! You get your choice off the Prize Wall – just drop a line in this thread and I'll reach out to you and get it shipped ASAP!
For shoutouts, the second place winner was @Robert Wakefield-Carl and third was @Nicole Dehn. Keep playing, you were all one-two points from one another.
Are you horrified you didn't win? Don't worry! We've got another great Trivia Event Nov. 16 themed "Fast Foodies," where we do all this again. So make sure you mark your calendars because we LOVE giving out prizes!
Congrats to our winners and we'll see ya next time. #Events#General
Genesys - Employees