I've encountered an interesting scenario which I've not yet been able to figure out, and wanted to run it by the community forum to see if anyone has suggestions. I've built out a common module flow which has the purpose of looking up prompts and playing them within an inqueue flow along with hold music sequences. I've had an existing design for a while that works well, but I recently tried to create and test a Spanish language variant of it. It doesn't seem to recognize the Spanish variant audio, and simply skips over the audio sequences in the play audio action.
- Essentially the sequence of actions is: Find User Prompt > Play Audio using the variable set from the find action.
- I tried enabling the alternate Spanish sequence on the Play audio action, but that didn't change the behavior.
- I made sure to re-publish the In Queue flow after I made the change to ensure it had the current version.
- I think the common module recognizes that the language is set to es-us in that it doesn't try to play the English variant of the same prompt. The In Queue flow also plays the Spanish language audio normally.
- I have the Spanish language enabled in the supported Languages section. I did notice though that there is an alert showing there that says * Indicates the language does not support runtime data playback, speech recognition, or text to speech. I don't actually see * icons next to either English or Spanish though, so I don't know if that is a general disclaimer or meant to be a context sensitive disclaimer that doesn't apply to the languages I have enabled.
- The prompts I have set up are designed to use English and Spanish support with uploaded audio. I am not using text to speech in the design.
I have an idea for a workaround in the form of passing along a variable to control the language selection and use that to define the prompt to play, essentially overriding the actual language selection and essentially to get the desired behavior. This would work for my current implementation I think, though I don't like the idea conceptually of creating extra prompts when I already have multi-language prompts built and also working around the built-in language settings.
So I am hoping someone might have a suggestion for a cleaner solution.