Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Append to an AgentPair variable rather than updating it

Posted 12-04-2023 13:34

Hi,

I'm looking to work with Preferred Agent routing and I'm having some trouble creating my list of agentpairs.

I'm running a Data Action which is returning me a list of users IDs. I can then loop through this list of IDs and generate a collection of agentpairs: MakeList(MakeAgentScorePair(FindUserById(Flow.queueMembers[Task.LoopIndex]),(100)))

To make a pair. However, this doesn't really work - it's overwriting the list each time so I only end up with one agentpair rather than one for each member of the list of IDs.

How can I "append" to the variable (agentpair collection) I've created rather than replace it each time? 

I thought about adding each ID to a string and then each priority (coming from a separate array) into a separate string and then using MakeListAgentScorePair() but it won't accept a string collection to the priority values.

I just wish we had List.Add() (or Collection.Add()) type functions to work with.

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 2.  RE: Append to an AgentPair variable rather than updating it

GENESYS
    Posted 12-04-2023 13:41

Use the AddItem function

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Append to an AgentPair variable rather than updating it

Posted 12-05-2023 08:02

Thanks Melissa, that was far too obvious... But it's given me what I was looking for. 

The Preferred Agent routing isn't working as I had expected (it still just seems to be alternating between agents on the queue) but I'll keep investigating.

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources