Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call external Web API on call events

Posted 11-30-2023 08:08

Hello colleagues,

pretty new here, so please let me know if something is missing.

We're currenlty integrating/connecting our "old" SAP (R3) to Genesys Cloud CX and have one or two challenges here.

Outbound dialing from within SAP is working and it is not that difficult to call SAP from within our inbound or in-queue flows, too.

But I'm not sure how to trigger an update from Cloud CX to SAP for call status changes. When a call is signaled to an agent we want to update SAP, then we want to send another update when the agent actually answers the call and another update on hangup. On hangup we also want to transmit the wrap-up information to SAP within this api call.

Is this actually possible and how?

Thanks & Regards,

Bero

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Bero Acker
    Würth IT GmbH

• 2.  RE: Call external Web API on call events

GENESYS
    Posted 12-01-2023 12:02

Hi Bero,

First off, I would encourage you to check the Genesys AppFoundry marketplace at https://appfoundry.genesys.com.  If you search for "SAP" you'll see that several vendors offer an SAP integration.  I don't know if any specifically work with SAP R3, but that might be worth using the Contact Us button to ask them.  Those integrations will likely automatically perform all the SAP updates you are asking about.

If you'd rather tackle this yourself, then I'd encourage you to look into the Genesys Cloud Triggers functionality: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-triggers/.  With Triggers you can monitor certain events in Genesys Cloud and "trigger" an Architect workflow to execute.  That workflow could call SAP R3 APIs to make the updates you are looking for.

For a deeper integration, where you actual embed a small Genesys Cloud UI inside of SAP, like our AppFoundry vendors do, then you can look at our Embeddable Framework integration: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-genesys-cloud-embeddable-framework/.  You could create your own Private deployment where you can put Genesys Cloud right inside of SAP R3 and then you can use that framework to trigger the actions and screen pops that you want to.

I hope that helps.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Call external Web API on call events

Posted 12-05-2023 10:01

Thanks Jim for your reply. I think the trigger functionality looks like it could work for us, as we simply need 2 or 3 trigges for the incoming "call allert", "call end" and "wrap-up".

Should be the events v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acd.end or v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.user.start for call start, v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.user.end for call end and v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.wrapup for wrap-up which are available as trigger. But unfortunately we didn't get it running yet.

Waiting for feedback from our assigned Genesys engineers right now, but I would also apreciate any other input. ;-)

Kind regards!

Bero Acker
    Würth IT GmbH

• 4.  RE: Call external Web API on call events

Posted 12-12-2023 06:01

Meanwhile we had a call with our Genesys engingeer and it is working pretty fine now, we can get all the required triggers for the a conversation now and call our SAP system from within the triggeres workflows.

Kind regards,

Bero

Bero Acker
    Würth IT GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources