Genesys Cloud CX

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Changing participant name from 'Guest' (from web messaging)

Posted 06-28-2022 20:06

Hi All,

Just wondering if I'm missing something - how can I change the external participant name from showing 'Guest' when receiving a message through Web Messaging?

We're trialling using a bot to capture the person's name before routing the message and have captured that data in a slot and returning as a variable into Architect.

However there doesn't appear to be a way to add/update the name of the external participant from the Architect flow from 'Guest' using any of the built in tools, nor via any API's using a Data Action.

(Note: we're not using or matching External Contacts at this stage, just want to show the name the person mentions without linking to a contact/profile).

It appears the best I can do is write the name to Participant Data and show in a script - but would prefer to update the participant name instead.

Appreciate if you know this is possible or not. Thanks in advance!

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)
    #DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Jeff

• 2.  RE: Changing participant name from 'Guest' (from web messaging)

GENESYS
    Posted 06-29-2022 04:43
    Hello Jeff,

Indeed, once you collect the customer data, you will need to update External Contacts in order to update the card in agent UI. With upcoming Identity Resolution improvements (now in Beta), this operation will be as easy as updating an existing contact with appropriate customer attributes captured by the Bot.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Changing participant name from 'Guest' (from web messaging)

Posted 8 days ago
    Hi Angelo, has this been already implemented? I face the same challenge as Jeffrey did, I'd like to ask customer their name , within inbound message flow and than present it as their "Remote" name to agent. There doesn't seem to be a simple way to do it in architect.

thanks.

Lukasz Zwierko
    DAMOVO POLSKA SP Z O O