PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction desktop with ICWS

Posted 09-12-2023 17:09

Does the interaction desktop login create a session id with the server ?

How can I retrieve the specific session id of the Interaction desktop (SIP phone) through ICWS API ?

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Uday Vijayal
    Cardinal Health 5, LLC

• 2.  RE: Interaction desktop with ICWS

Posted 09-12-2023 17:19

Yes, Interaction Desktop creates a session when a user logs in.  The easiest way to see this is in the Session Manager view in IC Business Manager, which will show you sessions/counts by application.

You can get this information from ICWS using the Session topic documentation to subscribe to the events of a specific user or station.  You can then use either polling or server sent events to receive the session change data via the messaging endpoint.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Interaction desktop with ICWS

Posted 09-12-2023 17:34

thank you for the quick response. that is a good option of subscribing to the events of a specific user. To make it further complicate, unfortunately, i have two use case which is challenging this option. 

1. What if the user already logged in the Interaction desktop and then the customized CRM is launched. the ICWS is programmed within the customized CRM, so it might not capture the event which is already happened ( user already logged in)
    2. I have a special use case, where the user is using 2 different CRM application and one single interaction Desktop login. which makes the event to go away if the first CRM already read the event and the second CRM is having empty return. is there any specific API to use to GET the session id always until its active for that specific user (instead of subscription, as the queue notification will be removed by the first CRM read)

Uday Vijayal
    Cardinal Health 5, LLC

• 4.  RE: Interaction desktop with ICWS

Posted 09-12-2023 17:41

When you first subscribe, if the user is already logged in, it should give you the current information about the session since that is technically a "delta" at that point.

If you are running two different applications and you are worried about race conditions, you could either have two separate sessions/applications that subscribe to the same information so that you have data for each of your CRMs to retrieve, or put some kind of messaging or queue service as an additional middleware that you can poll that allows for messages to persist until both systems poll.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources