Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Participant Data & API Integration Logs Monitoring

Posted 02-29-2024 17:07

Hi Community,

We have a business case to address, we are using participant data to log API transaction status and we need to read the participant data almost in real-time to check for integration errors between API and Genesys and sent alerts. 

Only solution I can think is to use Genesys API to extract the participant data, store it in external DB and read the information from table. 

Any input is much appreciated. 

#Implementation

------------------------------
    Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 2.  RE: Participant Data & API Integration Logs Monitoring
    Best Answer

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 02-29-2024 17:44

Hi Vincent, 

One option might be to use the v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.attributes event topic

https://developer.genesys.cloud/notificationsalerts/notifications/available-topics#v2-detail-events-conversation--id--attributes

Thing to remember though depending on the flow type etc, the participant data isn't available live, inflow queue for example, the participant data is only available when the flow ends.

But otherwise the above topic should trigger whenever the attributes update, and provide you the attributes in the result.

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Participant Data & API Integration Logs Monitoring

Posted 02-29-2024 22:02

Thank  you @Anton Vroon

A min or two delay would still work, we are looking at sending an email notification if error is encountered during execution of the API. 

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 4.  RE: Participant Data & API Integration Logs Monitoring

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 02-29-2024 22:10

No worries. I haven't had to do this myself yet, but the trigger event mentioned is what I would look at.

Other potentially option is a workflow which have the feature for email notifications built in.

Workflows have a send notification action, which can be used anywhere in the flow, data action failure/timeout paths etc.

And easy enough to create an event which triggers a workflow. 

Might not work for every scenario you have, but worth a look. 

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources