Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Problem with wait for input

Posted 05-21-2024 10:41

Hello to all ! I'm new to digital bot flow development and I'm running into a problem. after asking the user a question, I block wait for input to retrieve the answer. However, there is an end of task associated with this block and I cannot separate it; Because of this I can't continue my stream. How can I separate this end of task from the wait for input block? Thanks in advance.

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Maxime Arbouille
    Admiral Intermediary Services SA

• 2.  RE: Problem with wait for input

Posted 39 minutes ago

Ah, the old where is my wait function in my bot flow.  Vote for my idea here and maybe we will get one:  Add a pause feature in bots | Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal (aha.io)

In the mean time, I have a small web service that I can send in a time and have it wait that long before replying back.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Problem with wait for input

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 13 minutes ago

For Digital Bots, Look at using the digital menu as your starting point.

Wait for input, is directly linked to Intents, which are each in turn linked directly to a Task, and then in the Task associated with the Intent you continue your logic.

It has to be different to voice bots, which has the ask for intent action function like the digital menu, because of very good reasons I'm sure, I just don't know what those are...

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources