Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Questioning The Wording for BU and MU agentSchedule Search API'S

Posted 01-11-2023 12:56
    Hi All,

While looking though the Documentation for the two below API's I have found some wording that seems incorrect so wanted to check if its just me or whether this may need to be raised as a bug/wording change. 

For both the API's the array of User Id's is optional however if you don't include it you don't get all User Id's details back as I would expect you just get an empty array.
    So to me it feels like ether its a bug and we should be getting the user schedules back for all or the User Id's are actually required and the documentation just needs to be updated.

Do let me know if the wording seems fine to you or if you do get data back if you don't pass any User Id's in (May be my end!)

/api/v2/workforcemanagement/businessunits/{businessUnitId}/agentschedules/search
    /api/v2/workforcemanagement/managementunits/{managementUnitId}/agentschedules/search

Thanks!
    #Other/NotSure

------------------------------
    Nick Simmons
    Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd

• 2.  RE: Questioning The Wording for BU and MU agentSchedule Search API'S

GENESYS
    Posted 01-12-2023 08:30
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 01-12-2023 09:24
    Hi Nick,

Let me see if I can source an answer for you - are you reading from the Developer Center?

Tracy
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Questioning The Wording for BU and MU agentSchedule Search API'S
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 01-13-2023 04:06
    Hi Nick,

I have checked with the developers their reply was that returning no users if you ask for no users is the correct behavior and is not a bug.

Hope that answers your question.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Questioning The Wording for BU and MU agentSchedule Search API'S

Posted 01-13-2023 12:45

Hi Tracy,

I am looking at the documentation in the API Explorer.

It really feels like the userIds should be put as required then as seems a bit strange to let people ping to get no data back.. why waste the resources on the call. And does seem a missed opportunity to be able to let us get agent schedules at a MU/BU level for a date range without having to do all the calls for the schedule level.

I would ask why they think anyone would want to call with no users then? Surely as a user you would want an error back that you have tried to get no data.

Thanks,

Regards

Nick

Nick Simmons

Senior Analyst - Data Engineering 

Virgin Atlantic 

• 5.  RE: Questioning The Wording for BU and MU agentSchedule Search API'S

GENESYS
    Posted 01-13-2023 13:32
    Hi Nick

The alternative is when no id = true, return all id's and for some customers that could be 25,000 employees every call. Which is a considerable resource load compared to returning a null. In this instance we are asking the API developer to specify which user id in question. 

We do have that no id = true return all pattern in some API endpoints where possible (little impact to resource load) however its not a general pattern we follow. 

Hope that helps.

Cameron Smith
    VP, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management

• 6.  RE: Questioning The Wording for BU and MU agentSchedule Search API'S

Posted 01-13-2023 15:07

Hi Cameron,

That is fair, I assume there is a max amount of userId's that are allowed to be retuned in normal use or its just based on the max size configured on the HTTP to limit it? Would be good if that was added to the docs as well to make it clear to users instead of them just waiting till they get the 413 error.

There could also be a middle ground to return up to a default size if no id = true and error if more would want to be returned but does come into the question of how far should you go. And could be annoying for customers so understand the choice.

Still feel the it should return an error/dummy message in its stead to make it a bit more obvious about what it is doing (Probably too late to do the error now without breaking some implementations).  And definitely worth just adding a line saying if no Ids are passed in then you will get an empty return in the docs. Again just nicer user experience.

Thanks for the answer the below

Regards

Nick

Nick Simmons

Senior Analyst - Data Engineering 

Virgin Atlantic 

• 7.  RE: Questioning The Wording for BU and MU agentSchedule Search API'S

Posted 01-15-2023 14:11
    Hi Nick,
    The API  POST /api/v2/workforcemanagement/businessunits/{businessUnitId}/agentschedules/search, has a limit of max 100 users and 32 days between start and end dates.
    As the BU users could largely exceed the max of 100, this API requires providing the userIds to get you the schedule data back.
    We are developing a mobile application for WEM Managers that uses this API (among others) and have to work around some limitations and use mobile local storage. 
    You would notice that Genesys is introducing some bulk APIs whereby for example in the past you were only able to get Adherence exceptions for the last 7 days and now you can get these for the last 31 days.

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources