Genesys Cloud CX

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

Posted 18 days ago
    I want to be able to Start a participant recording - capture the customer saying something - Stop the participant recording within an IVR in architect.
    At the moment I do not have a way of doing this (without hanging up the call)

From there I with the retrieve the recording via /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/recordings and perform additional functions with the recording URL.

Is is possible to stop a recording within an IVR ?
    If so is it possible to get access to the recording whilst the interaction is in progress ?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Daniel Buxton
    Acquire BPO

• 2.  RE: Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

Posted 17 days ago
    Best way to do that would be to move the call into a secure flow which will not record any of the customer inc DTMF inputs.

Lawrence Drayton
    Superloop

• 3.  RE: Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

Posted 16 days ago
    Hey Lawrence,
    Yeah I already tried Transfer to Secure Flow.  It does not appear to stop the recording - it appears to do just do a secure pause as the interaction recording after the call has ended goes for the duration of the interaction.  I also need access to the recording whilst the interaction is in progress.

I have managed to get it it work splitting the IVR into two applications, collecting the recording in app 1 and with a mixture of Release Link Transfer and parsing information to Leg-C (app 2) using the UUI headers - but surely there is a better way.

Daniel Buxton
    Acquire BPO

• 4.  RE: Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 15 days ago
    Hi Daniel,
    Policy-based recordings are only available post-call, and won't be available while call is in progress.  A relevant feature for you may be AudioHook Monitor where you can stream call audio to third-party services.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 5.  RE: Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 14 days ago
    We set our recording policy based on wrap codes, maybe send to a flow that has a specific wrap code and then transfer back..I am not 100% sure if this will work

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited