Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Why would there be "Alerting" when we have Auto Answer on?

Posted 02-22-2024 10:29

We have all our agents set up for Auto Answer, yet it looks like every call is still showing as "Alert".  Why would each call still have "Alert" and how can we have "Alert-No Answer" when we have Auto Answer enabled for the agents?  

#Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Gina Palmer
    Manager, Workforce Management
    Papa, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Why would there be "Alerting" when we have Auto Answer on?
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-22-2024 10:42
    Edited by Jason Kleitz 21 days ago

Auto-answer has two components, sort of. The Client and the Phone are separate network paths. Thus, if the message to the Client regarding an alerting interaction arrives before the auto-answer gets sent to/completes on the phone (there's always a slight delay as telephony gets set up) the agent will experience a brief to long Alert.

If the telephony side fails for some reason (WebRTC has problems such as the Genesys Cloud domain not having permission to use the microphone or negotiations fail), or the SIP negotiation with a hard phone fails or takes too long, the Alert can time out and roll the agent to Not Responding.

George Ganahl GCP, GCSME, ICCE, ICHD, etc.
    Senior Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Why would there be "Alerting" when we have Auto Answer on?

Posted 02-22-2024 10:51

Thank you for the response.  Is this something we should be seeing on every call (the alerting part) or is this an issue our telecom team should be looking into?

Gina Palmer
    Manager, Workforce Management
    Papa, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Why would there be "Alerting" when we have Auto Answer on?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-22-2024 11:03

I expect the Alert would show up on every voice conversation due to how telephony works (it always takes at least a few hundred milliseconds to set up the call). I have not run into complaints regarding digital media...are you handling Digital conversations as well as Voice?

Genesys

• 5.  RE: Why would there be "Alerting" when we have Auto Answer on?

Posted 02-23-2024 03:27

If you set the WebRTC to persistent connection, after the first call has successfully been established the alert goes away as Genesys is not trying to establish a connection every time to the Genesys desktop 

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 6.  RE: Why would there be "Alerting" when we have Auto Answer on?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-23-2024 09:16

Unless, of course, there is an unreliable internet or network connection which causes the persistent connection to drop, at which point the phone needs to renegotiate. I have seen remote agents working at home in regions not the organization's region which experience that problem and cause the Not Responding status.

But, by and large the persistent Connection works well when the agents are fairly busy.

Genesys

• 7.  RE: Why would there be "Alerting" when we have Auto Answer on?

Posted 02-23-2024 09:30

Definitely has a huge impact even with persistent connection, I have found it helps in 99% of the cases though

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 8.  RE: Why would there be "Alerting" when we have Auto Answer on?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-23-2024 09:29

Also, I just ran a test in my own organization. Agent is logged in, On Queue, WebRTC phone with the Persistent Connection connected. The caller still hears one ring, and the Queue Agents view still shows an Alert for each call that auto-answers on the agent.

Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources