Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Purecloud DE - External SIP Provider cannot be linked?

Posted 01-22-2019 08:08

Hi,

We have a PureCloud organisation (Ireland), linked to Twilio for an inbound PSTN number.
    In that setup, we don't have a local edge, purecloud is linked directly to Twilio with an external trunk.

On a Frankfurt/Germany based org, I try to achieve the same, this time with a local Edge (virtualized).
    Local communication (sip phones/webrtc) connected to the edge seem to work fine.

However, I'm not able to receive inbound calls in Purecloud from the SIP Provider.
    From twilio side, I see the following flow
    - INVITE towards purecloud
    - Receive SIP 100 Trying
    - Receive SIP 480 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Any ideas?

#SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Stijn Brebels

• 2.  RE: Purecloud DE - External SIP Provider cannot be linked?

Posted 01-23-2019 09:08
    We use Twilio and have no issues whatsoever.
    It's hard to diagnose without knowing more about your network architecture:
     - How is the edge connected to the internet? Can Twilio reach your edge (do you see this in the edge traces)?
     - Check if the edge can initiate communication to the phones (have you looked at trace information on the edge?)
     - Have you allowed Twilio in the external trunk's ACL?

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 3.  RE: Purecloud DE - External SIP Provider cannot be linked?

Posted 01-25-2019 04:45
    Hi Sven,

The Edge is in our internal network range. From purecloud side it's seen as active (so I would state that purecloud is able to communicate with it).
    Calls within Purecloud (regular WebRTC EP -> WebRTC EP) work

When I call towards the trunk (via Twilio), I don't seem to receive anything on that end.
    If I dial out from within Purecloud towards Twilio, I managed to get PCAP logs. Only thing I see inside are INVITE's sent to what I think  is Purecloud (IP 18.197.177.95 18.19758.44)

The ACL settings are correct, those are identically to what I have on my Ireland org

Stijn Brebels

• 4.  RE: Purecloud DE - External SIP Provider cannot be linked?
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 01-28-2019 15:22
    Hi - 
    In Ireland your Twilio trunk would communicate directly with PureCloud via the public IP address following a BYOC Cloud model. If you have a separate Frankfurt you would only use PureCloud  IPs ((IP 18.197.177.95 18.19758.44) if you are also following a BYOC Cloud model -- which means there is no Edge deployed.

If you have deployed an Edge this is a BYOC Premises model. In this architecture the Twilio SIP trunk needs to terminate on the Edge therefore the Edge needs to be accessible from the Internet. 

For more detail please see - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-byoc-bring-your-own-carrier/

Regards,

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Purecloud DE - External SIP Provider cannot be linked?

Posted 01-29-2019 05:15
    Thanks Don

I was in contact with support in the meanwhile - indeed I got things mixed up (BYOC trunk < > local edge)

Stijn Brebels

• 6.  RE: Purecloud DE - External SIP Provider cannot be linked?

Posted 05-07-2019 09:33
    Hello, looks like I'm facing similar issue.

I managed to make my PureCloud call out using Twilio, but don't know how to call into PureCloud using Twilio number.

I've added a DID, I assigned it to a Call Flow, but still nothing.. Twilio shows status "failed".

Best regards
    Piotr

Piotr Danielewski

• 7.  RE: Purecloud DE - External SIP Provider cannot be linked?

Posted 05-07-2019 11:54

Did you configure the trunk to allow access to Twilio?

Did you configure Twilio and provided the edge(s) offering the external trunk as endpoints?

• 8.  RE: Purecloud DE - External SIP Provider cannot be linked?

Posted 05-07-2019 14:13
    Hello Sven, thank you for responding.

Regarding your questions:
    Did you configure the trunk to allow access to Twilio? -> I think I did :-) . The trunk is added in PureCloud, I've provided all the config data, and it allows me to call my cell phone. If there's anything else I should do, please tell me.

Did you configure Twilio and provided the edge(s) offering the external trunk as endpoints? -> I've added the trunk to an Edge, I don't really understand what you mean by "external trunk as endpoint", so I'd appreciate if you could elaborate on that one.

Piotr Danielewski
    Ernst & Young Global Services Limited

• 9.  RE: Purecloud DE - External SIP Provider cannot be linked?

Posted 05-07-2019 14:25
    Make sure you add the Twilio IPs to your access controls on the PureCloud external trunks.

For the Twilio side, you have to add your edge(s)' internet facing IP address(es) to the Twilio trunk in the Origination settings (assuming you use Elastic SIP trunking). Also make sure the ports / protocols match between PureCloud and Twilio.

It could be helpful to look at the SIP traces from Twilio to see why the call is not going to PureCloud.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 10.  RE: Purecloud DE - External SIP Provider cannot be linked?

Posted 05-07-2019 14:51
    Edited by Piotr Danielewski 05-08-2019 03:32
    that was a good hint with looking at SIP traces from Twilio - now I know, that there's something wrong with my "origination uri" and will have to figure that one out.

thank you!

----------------update----------------
    Looks like a solution was (in my case) providing full address of edge server (not only IP): when I added is as: sip:Edge_IP_adress.ipv4.supernova.orange.pl it allowed me to call into my IVR.
    ------------------------------------------

Piotr Danielewski

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources