Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Softphone configuration (FW)

Posted 05-09-2019 08:12
    Hello,

Is there any configuration or service to configure on the Firewall to let the softphone have access to PureCloud UI in order to check for an update for example ?

Because in the resource center (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/purecloud-ports-services/), Nothing indicates that the softphone needs to communicate with PureCloud or Internet ! 

Yours,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Security
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Dimension Data France

• 2.  RE: Softphone configuration (FW)

GENESYS
    Posted 05-10-2019 14:04
    Hello Charaf,

Are you asking regarding the PureCloud WebRTC Softphone built in to the PureCloud application, or the standalone SIP Softphone?

The WebRTC softphone updates itself in conjunction with the PureCloud application.  You may have noticed pop up notifications indicating a newer version of the application is available and instructing you to refresh to take advantage.

The standalone SIP Softphone updates either through the cloud based phone provisioning service or direct provisioning through a premises hardware Edge.  The connectivity requirements described on the Resource Center cover what is needed for this to succeed.  Essentially, if your softphone is able to provision and register successfully, you have the necessary connectivity.

Thanks,

Alan alan lanteigne
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Softphone configuration (FW)

Posted 05-10-2019 14:43
    Hello @Alan Lanteigne

I was asking regarding the standalone SIP Softphone.

1) In this case, How I will be notified if a new version is ready to be installed ? Since the  first time I installed the softphone on my machine, I have never received a pop up indicating an update ?

2) In my case the Edge is on-premises, in which case I can use the PureCloud Global Phone Provisioning (AWS) instead of provisioning through Edge directly ?

3) I'm using TCP/443 (HTTPS) for provisioning, but I'm wondering why on the Resource Center they suggest using tcp/8089 (HTTPS)*[legacy] ? what does Legacy mean in this case ?
    443 for softphones & 8089 for Polycom for example ?

Thank you for your answers.

Yours,

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Dimension Data France

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources