Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  PureCloud desktop app and Jabra headsets

Posted 10-26-2018 18:54
    I recently contacted Support in regards to this but it seems they were quite unsure about this too. So I've been asked to post this to the community for hopefully some insight on this.

I noticed in the recent release notes for the PureCloud desktop app (https://help.mypurecloud.com/releasenote/version-1-12-512-october-17-2018/), the Jabra headset SDK has been integrated into the app so it can support Jabra headsets. However, I don't see any more information about this anywhere.

However, I don't see any more information about this anywhere.

For clarification:
    1. Is the SDK also included in the macOS version of the PureCloud desktop app?
    2. Does this mean we will be able to answer calls through the answer button on Jabra headsets?
    3. Is there a list of compatible Jabra headsets we can use with PureCloud (that makes use of the SDK so we can answer calls from the headset)?

For reference, the responses I received from Support are as follows:

1. You can check this one at Community or Dev Forum
    2. If you set it up as webRTC I don't think you can use the answer button. You may be able to use the answer button if you follow this: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/start-exit-purecloud-softphone/
    3. We don't have a list of compatible Jabra headsets.

Does anyone have more information on this?
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: PureCloud desktop app and Jabra headsets

GENESYS
    Posted 10-29-2018 15:41
    Edited by Ed Crabtree 10-29-2018 15:47

Support for Jabra headsets (and headsets from other vendors) is planned. The integration of the SDK into the Windows desktop app, as you noted, is already there, but it is not enabled. Plans are also to include the integration into the Mac desktop app as well. Timing and details are dependent on many elements, and I would be unable to offer any predictions.

Upon implementation, the plans are to support the following functionality that the vendor's headset software supports;

• answer/end/reject
    • hold/resume
    • mute/un-mute

PureCloud will support any headset that the vendor's headset software supports.

Thanks for writing.

All the best,

------------------------------
    Ed Crabtree
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: PureCloud desktop app and Jabra headsets

GENESYS
    Posted 10-29-2018 15:44
    Thanks, Ed!

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: PureCloud desktop app and Jabra headsets

Posted 10-29-2018 18:37
    Thanks for the details, Ed!

We're really excited about this integration and can't wait for it to be available.

• 5.  RE: PureCloud desktop app and Jabra headsets

GENESYS
    Posted 10-30-2018 09:08
    Hi Travis,

I'm glad I could help. I'll pass on your enthusiasm.

All the best,

Ed Crabtree
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: PureCloud desktop app and Jabra headsets

Posted 02-13-2019 14:06
    Hello All, 
    I just wanted to let you know that the integration is available with the latest desktop application recently released. You can find installation instructions here: Configure a Jabra headset - PureCloud Resource Center
    PureCloud Resource Center remove preview
    Configure a Jabra headset - PureCloud Resource Center
    PureCloud WebRTC supports the built-in call controls on Jabra headsets. This feature enables you to can use the controls on the headset to perform basic call operations.* Answer call Hang up a call Put a call on hold Remove a call from hold Mute a call Unmute a call Reject a call *Available call controls depend upon the capabilities of your particular Sennheiser headset model.
    View this on PureCloud Resource Center >

Stephan Keim
    Jabra

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources