Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

• 1.  The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

Posted 01-17-2019 04:39
    Hi,

In the In-queue flow, we want to control the EWT if more than 2 minutes, then suggest callback to the callers, else, waiting in queue and hearing the music

We have add a decision block with expression:

IsNotSetOrEmpty(Call.EstimatedWaitTime) or Call.EstimatedWaitTime > MakeDuration(0, 0, 2, 0)

This decision is placed after 2 min of hearing a music, after 2 min it should suggest callback to callers, however it is not the case, it stays always in queue with playing waiting music continueously

Any idea why this is not working ?

Thank you in advance

#Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

GENESYS
    Posted 01-17-2019 13:55
    The Call.EstimatedWaitTime variable will never increase, only decrease.  The idea is that is would really annoy the caller to hear "your estimated wait time is 5 minutes . . . your estimated wait time is 3 minutes . . . your estimated wait time is 8 minutes . . . your estimated wait time is 10 minutes".   This is same for Call.PositionInQueue variable, is never goes up.

In your case, since you know 2 minutes have passed you can just offer the callback without a decision action.

------------------------------
    Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

Posted 01-18-2019 01:41
    Just wondering, when is the EWT calculated. Is it calculated at the start of the In Queue flow, or when the variable is called?
    Anyway, in the case of Mostafa, it should work if the EWT is indeed > 2 min, the evaluation of Call.EstimatedWaitTime > MakeDuration(0, 0, 2, 0) should be true and the flow should go to the callback.

Mathieu Poulain
    AXA General Insurance Japan Limited.

• 4.  RE: The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

Posted 01-18-2019 03:00
    Thank you Melissa for your reply

@ Mathieu: the EWT is calculated at the start of In-queue I think, however the flow didn't go to the Callbackw when 2 min elapsed

I add a TTS announcement block to read the EWT each 1 min (for example : Your EWT time is "ToAudioDuration(Call.EstimatedWaitTime)..." but it always says my EWT is 0 second !!..it didn't increase

My next question : how we calculated the EWT on the in-queue flow ? is it the elapsed time ?

Thank you.

Oudderhem Mostafa
    Coverage-Communication

• 5.  RE: The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

Posted 01-18-2019 03:37
    I already played around with Call.EstimatedWaitTime and for me I managed to make it work and be higher than 0. I do similar things to propose callback if > x min and didn't have any issue. Maybe open a support case to investigate why it is always equal to 0 for you.

Mathieu Poulain
    AXA General Insurance Japan Limited.

• 6.  RE: The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2019 10:32
    The value for Call.EstimatedWaitTime is constantly recalculated by the system. Using the Play Audio action with the following settings works well for me. Perhaps instead of one TTS item in the sequence, try splitting it into a Text To Speech and an Expression:

For my Decision I use the expression Call.EstimatedWaitTime>MakeDuration(0,0,1,0) which works fine as well.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

Posted 01-18-2019 09:08
    @Melissa Bailey question about EWT. What about subsequent calls that come in that might have a higher priority setting. Could those calls "trump" the earlier call and then increase the EWT? I understood that this was one of the reasons using an EWT was considered to not be a best practice, because priority or skill settings of subsquent could recalculate the EWT and make it increase, and anger the caller waiting in queue. Does PureCloud have some setup to prevent this?

Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 8.  RE: The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2019 10:18
    Greg, if you have a queue set up that way the best practice is simply to not play the EWT, ever, for that queue.

The way the developers set it up, for a given instance of an In-Queue Call flow they play whatever the EWT was at the time the given call entered that flow, as Melissa indicated. 

If you want to sometimes play EWT, but then stop playing it if it increases, set another Duration data type varieble (say, Flow.originalEWT) and have a Decision compare the original with the current value of Call.EstimatedWaitTime. If the current value is greater than the original, you can take a path that stops playing the EWT.

Other than something like that, nothing built in that I know of.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2019 12:34
    I'll leave my last response up there, but I've been doing some experimenting and talking with Melissa, and the behavior I'm seeing is not what she expected. So...my statements are not necessarily correct. We need to sort some things out.

(For example, I have a call that has been on hold in queue for 25 minutes, and the Play EWT action started at 30 seconds and has increased to 4 minutes--the maximum value it can play based upon my configuration settings)

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 10.  RE: The variable "Call.EstimatedWaitTime" not working as expected

Posted 04-11-2019 10:48
    Hello
    @George Ganahl

I see you give us some advice here I succeed to so the same as well until the decision but I put MakeDuration(0,0,1,0) and when I call it told me my estimated wait time is less than 8 days 21h and 36 and now it's 9 days and it's growing up.
    I don't know what is the cause.

Regards,
    Nicolas

Nicolas Urgin
    Dimension Data France

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources