PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  OB dialer greeting (smile) prior to live connect to agent

Posted 01-09-2019 10:26
    I pretty new to this but how do I implement & play a universal greeting/smile ("This call will be monitored & recorded") to all dialer outbound calls prior to a live agent connect? 
    Does it require a handler to route to the Attendant first or is there a feature that can be enabled within the ACD or Workgroup options?  2016R2  Patch 7
    #Implementation
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Kizzy Adams
    Total Credit Recovery Ltd

• 2.  RE: OB dialer greeting (smile) prior to live connect to agent

Posted 01-09-2019 10:35
    No doubt someone will be able to answer you, but my comment would be "are you sure you want to do that?"

We had a client request to do something similar, but talked them out of it, ensuring it is in the agent script when they do connect. The reason is simple, you can nearly always tell when you get a recorded message like that and my experience is a lot of people hang-up immediately as it indicates a marketing call. Personally, I do the same, immediately disconnect any call starting with a recorded message.

Just my thoughts :)

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 3.  RE: OB dialer greeting (smile) prior to live connect to agent

Posted 01-09-2019 10:42
    I completely agree with you Philip!
    We know that our abandon & connect rates will spike but it is now a regulatory measure and we can not rely on the live agents to say the statement during the call because we do not use call scripting.

Kizzy Adams

• 4.  RE: OB dialer greeting (smile) prior to live connect to agent

Posted 01-10-2019 10:10
    Are these agents blended with inbound or outbound only? I'm not completely sure if this works but if the campaign is predictive or preview the call will be delivered to agent via ACD. I think you could leverage the agent greeting to play the recording but I have not tested this. Alternately a policy on call analysis so if a live party is detected could fire off a handler, perhaps you could play the messages to the person before delivering the call to an agent. Once again I did not test either of these and these are just ideas that came to mind, they may or may not work for you.

Note that either of these options will not record the message was played in Interaction Recorder meaning that if you ever need to prove the prompt was played you won't have it in recordings which could be a compliance issue.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: OB dialer greeting (smile) prior to live connect to agent

Posted 01-10-2019 14:29
    Our OB dialer teams are blended environments. 

By updating the USER profile agent greeting options, I have tested a power dialer environment and it routed the call to the available agent, played the agent greeting (smile) which the agent could hear; and then the agent was able to handle the interaction.  But it would be tedious to update each agents' USER profile to achieve this desired outcome.

I will test the call analysis policy to trigger the handler and then route the interaction back to the original ACD queue to be delivered to the agent.

Lastly, thank you for informing me that these options would not be record that the message was played via Recorder.

Kizzy Adams

• 6.  RE: OB dialer greeting (smile) prior to live connect to agent

Posted 01-10-2019 14:50
    I was going to say use Call Analysis policy to trigger a custom handler to play the message, but Mark beat me too it.

But if you are going the route to have a custom handler to play the message, you might be able to build it so the handler starts  the recording prior to the message being played, instead of when the agent picks up the call.  Check with your handler expert if that is possible.

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources