Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

HTML Email Editor

• 1.  HTML Email Editor

Posted 07-12-2018 02:27
    After this week's update, the email editor has upgraded to a HTML email editor. however, i found when we press "Enter" it would make a new paragraph and the line spacing is too large. i am not sure if anyone have other way to make "CR" after pressing "Enter".

------------------------------
    Peter Leong
    ITApps Limited

• 2.  RE: HTML Email Editor

Posted 07-12-2018 08:03
    ​Usually, SHIFT+Enter or CTRL+Enter would create an HTML line break as opposed to a carriage return (HTML paragraph) but that appears to not be the case in my testing of the editor so far.

Dan Fontaine
    Altivon

• 3.  RE: HTML Email Editor

Posted 07-12-2018 19:01
    Hi There, 
    Yes, every one of our templates now has double spacing it looks horrible, can anyone offer a suggestion to fix? Will I have to recreate every template? 

Many thanks
    Jason

Jason Pratt
    Noosa Shire Council

• 4.  RE: HTML Email Editor

Posted 07-12-2018 21:38
    today, i tested using SHIFT+ENTER, it make a CR and the line spacing back to normal.

Peter Leong
    ITApps Limited

• 5.  RE: HTML Email Editor

GENESYS
    Posted 07-13-2018 01:57
    Thank you for the feedback. We are looking into it.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: HTML Email Editor

Posted 07-13-2018 10:30
    The release has caused many canned responses to no longer format correctly and also copy and pasting no longer works.

• 7.  RE: HTML Email Editor

Posted 07-15-2018 20:31
    Yeah, 
    I am having the same issue. All of our canned responses are not formatting correctly now. Spacing is all off, and links are not coloured to indicate it's a clickable link to customers when they receive it. Looking in the canned responses, they look correct but when you put them into an email it messes it all up. 

A full HTML editor would be great - ie having signatures etc inserting pics. 

Do we know when this will be fixed up?

Lawrence Drayton
    OVO Mobile (My Mobile Data)

• 8.  RE: HTML Email Editor

Posted 07-16-2018 01:10
    Can Genesys please roll the update back while you investigate a fix?

Jason Pratt
    Noosa Shire Council

• 9.  RE: HTML Email Editor

GENESYS
    Posted 07-16-2018 11:02
    Thank you for the feedback. We have turned off the new feature until the fixes for the spacing issue and any other issues are available. Each agent may need to refresh their browser or desktop in order to start using the old HTML editor.

We already have a fix for the spacing issues in your development environment. If you could send me examples of responses you had the most trouble with, I can recheck to make sure our fix covers all the issues.

@Lawrence Drayton I have not been able to reproduce the issue mentioned related to links. When I try it, the customer receives a link that has a different color as you would expect. It's likely related to a browser and email client combination. Would you be able to send me details on what browser and email client you were using so we can make sure this is addressed?​​

If anyone is interested in having early access to the new HTML editor either now, or after the fix for the spacing issue makes it to production, let me know. We are expecting the fix to be available in production on Saturday in our regular UI release, however the timing of the UI release may change.

As a separate feature, we are working on the ability to insert images into email. This currently is slated to be released later this summer.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: HTML Email Editor

Posted 07-21-2018 06:07
    Hey there, 

Sorry for the late reply on this one. Since the rollback, I can't go and see what the emails did look like, but basically, it looked all double-spaced.

One issue that seems to be happening is that the notes section, there are two little, what I would call, errors. 

1 - If you go into the notes section and start typing straight away, it deletes the note that you have typed in. And need to start again (usually only one or two words) so just a minor annoyance but can lead to loss of productivity 

2 - If you are writing notes on a chat for example, and then a new chat comes in, it deletes ALL the notes you have written in that part. For example, a number of my agents have been typing lengthy notes throughout a call, and then a new chat comes in, they answer it and go back to find all their notes lost. 

One other thing with the emails is that we are getting a number of complaints that when agents are typing, the email editor keeps going back to the start of a line, and won't let them type normally at all. Hard to explain and happy to upload a video of what is happening if that helps but also wanted to know if anyone else was having issues like that?

Do you know if anyone else is experiencing this issue at all ?

Lawrence Drayton
    OVO Mobile (My Mobile Data)

• 11.  RE: HTML Email Editor

GENESYS
    Posted 07-23-2018 03:49
    Thank you for sending additional details. We fixed the double spaced issue right away and the fix is in production as of Saturday if anyone wants the new editor enabled again for their org to give it a try.
    What I was having trouble with is reproducing the other issues folks were reporting: copy&paste not working, link not being highlighted and spellcheck. All worked for me when I tried so I must just not be trying the right combination of browser/operating system. I'm a bit hesitant to reenable the new editor for everyone without either being able to reproduce the issue or confirming that it's no longer happening.

Thank you for sending along the issue with notes not being saved. Can you create a ticket with support and send them thee instructions so we can take a look? We definitely need to fix those.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: HTML Email Editor

Posted 08-15-2018 09:47
    It appears this has been changed again today, despite not being mentioned in the release notes.  We have multiple clients reporting issues with the spacing again and that spell check is not working again.  The same as reported last time before it was rolled back.

Braiden Woodward
    Foehn Ltd.

• 13.  RE: HTML Email Editor

Posted 08-17-2018 09:08
    No one else got these issues again? This started not working for us again on Wednesday for multiple orgs.  Have cases open.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources