Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Transfer by agent to an external number

Posted 08-03-2018 08:05
    Hi,

I know that the feature of transfer to an external number by an agent (telephone numbers doesn't exist on the Purecloud>Contact) is not supported on the Purecloud (only numbers entered in Purecloud), I want just to see if this feature will be available in the next feature enhancement of Purecloud dev team plan

The customer requested me this question

Thank you in advance

• 2.  RE: Transfer by agent to an external number

GENESYS
    Posted 08-03-2018 12:32
    Edited by George Ganahl 08-13-2018 15:24
    Have you tried entering the phone number in the Transfer field? I was working on another post regarding CallerID on an external Consult Transfer from an agent, and I had no trouble typing in the number to be called, hitting the Enter key to register it in the field, and placing the call.

------------------------------
    George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Transfer by agent to an external number

Posted 08-16-2018 03:46
    Hi George, thanks for the reply
    When I type the external number on the transfer field, the transfer button will become grayed, however when we choose an internal contact (already defined in Purecloud directory) the transfer button works

I don't think this feature is support by Purecloud for external numbers (not included in Purecloud directory)

Could you confirm ?

Thank you

• 4.  RE: Transfer by agent to an external number

GENESYS
    Posted 08-16-2018 10:00
    Here is an example of the Blind Transfer dialog before pressing <Enter>:
    No EnterIf your external number looks like the above, you cannot click the Transfer button because the number has not yet been "entered".

Here is what the dialog should look like:
    With Enter
    Note the appearance of the remote number. This is after pressing the <Enter> key to "enter" the number to be called. Now it allows me to click the Transfer button, and it completes the call.

I don't know if that is what you are seeing in your interface?

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Transfer by agent to an external number

Posted 08-23-2018 15:42
    That most likely is the fix, but it's a poor design that could easily be fixed by including an "enter key" action when hitting the transfer button.  A lot of my users don't realize this is how to do it b/c it is not intuitive.

Ramsey Miller
    Associated Credit Union of Texas

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources