PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Inbound Calls disconnect

Posted 10-15-2018 15:33
    Hi Guys,

I have a problem with a customer, As after upgrading the customers release from 2016 R1 Patch 17 to 2018 R4 Patch 2, the customer has an automatic disconnect specially for inbound calls, after i troubleshoot internal network  no problem is found. i open a case with the support team and they asked me that the problem is with the Teleco provider, when i check with the  Teleco provider there was no problem from their side, any suggestion for how to deal with that issue?.

------------------------------
    Khaled Elsafty
    Advanced Technology Solutions Int

• 2.  RE: Inbound Calls disconnect

Posted 10-16-2018 03:50
    I would recommend you run wireshark traces and confirm where the BYE message is originated from.

Sivakumar Natarajamoorthy,
    Genesys Certified Professional,
    Dubai.

• 3.  RE: Inbound Calls disconnect

Posted 10-16-2018 12:01
    First off is the call a local or remote disconnect? Second does the disconnect disposition add any information as to why the call might be disconnecting? Are the calls disconnecting in the same spot in the system or after the same amount of time? Start by turning up TSServer to notes and watch one of the calls go through the SIP engine log. Filter on the SIP messages and look at the SIP messaging to see if you can see any reason why the called and which device sent the BYE message. Next up do you have a SIP proxy sitting between the gateway/SBC and the CIC server, if you do go check its logs for the same call and look at the SIP messaging of the sample call. Lastly go to the gateway/SBC and look there at the SIP call to see where the BYE came from and any other indication as to why the call was disconnected.

Somewhere either in the Telco cloud or at the SBC/Gateway, proxy, or CIC server level there will be an indication as to why the call is disconnecting.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: Inbound Calls disconnect

GENESYS
    Posted 10-16-2018 11:58
    I would suggest looking at SIPEngine logs for the inbound call to see if it reaches IC; you'll see the SIP Invite for that phone number if that's the case. If an issue with IC is causing it to decline the call, you should also see the 4xx or 5xx error sent back from IC. If IC is declining the call, it's possible there are no lines with access control set for the source IP of the call, or there are no media servers available to service the call. This can be determined via the TSServer log.

Sam Johnson
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Inbound Calls disconnect

Posted 10-17-2018 13:24
    Hi,

Just so everyone understands the issue a little more in depth.  How are you connecting to the provider? 

• During the upgrade did you migrate your lines or did you create new ones?
    • What are the call treatments / customization in place for inbound calls? 
      • Have you eliminated these?
    • Are you running a pure SIP trunk directly to the provider?
    • Are you running a SIP trunk to a Gateway?
      • If so, is it sip to sip B2B UA etc...
      • If so, is it gateway to PRI or the like?
      • If so, what brand and model of gateway.
    • Are the disconnects happening within a certain time frame from the connection time.
      • IE. Connects then disconnects immediately.
      • IE. Connects then disconnects at either 60, 120, 300 seconds?
      • IE. Completely random?
    • Do the logs show any of the following.
      • 488 messages
      • BYE from the far end?
      • Do your CSEQ ID's exceed 2-4?
    • Are you using early media or normal?
      • If you are using early media are you using PRACK?
    • Can you provide a sample wire shark of specific calls as previously suggested?

Jim Barber
    Certified Languages Int'l and Translation

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources