melissa  bailey

melissa bailey03-13-2017 20:40

melissa  bailey

melissa bailey07-17-2017 21:47

melissa  bailey

melissa bailey09-28-2017 17:05

• 1.  On hold music

Posted 03-10-2017 07:04

We have got a lot of complaints from our customers on the "On hold music". Since you are the experts it would be nice if you could add some options in the System Prompts.

• 2.  RE: On hold music

Posted 03-13-2017 20:40

What kind of options do you mean?

• 3.  RE: On hold music

Posted 03-14-2017 01:10

Being able to customize the on hold music would be a great feature! we have a monthly message we could load there but cant. the current elevator music does get more negative comments than positive. 

• 4.  RE: On hold music

Posted 03-14-2017 12:35

We'd like to have more options to customize hold music, either to upload our own or have better options than currently exist.

• 5.  RE: On hold music

Posted 03-14-2017 14:30

You can customize the hold music.

Method 1) In your in-queue flow, look under Settings -> In-Queue.  You can select a different prompt (including user prompts).

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/hold-music-action/

Method 2) The hold music prompt is a system prompt, so you can upload a new .wav file for it.  This will affect all in-queue flows (that you have not used method 1 on ).

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/system-prompts/

One note: this will not affect non-ACD queue hold music, such as when an agent puts a caller on hold--the caller will hear the default music that apparently sucks.  We do plan on fixing this, but it's not on our 1H17 roadmap.

• 6.  RE: On hold music

Posted 03-15-2017 07:45

I also need this for a client. they are not happy that this cant be done

• 7.  RE: On hold music

Posted 03-15-2017 08:37

Hi again, 

I know how to change On Hold music but the problem is to find something that suits to be played over the PSTN network when it comes to quality and all other parameters that could impact the sound. 

I found that Zendesk gives away their best on hold music and we have not got any complaints since I changed. But my suggestion from the beginning is that Genesys could add some more selections of On hold music than they have today. Must be something else since the acquisition with of Interactive and Genesys?

https://www.zendesk.com/blog/best-hold-music

AND

The HOLD music is also something they want to change. So that improvement is great (whenever it will be available). 

• 8.  RE: On hold music

Posted 07-16-2017 22:51

Any update on the possibility of customizing the hold music of an accepted ACD call. This is not on hold music in the call flow, this is the hold music the customer hears when an agent places them on hold during their conversation.

• 9.  RE: On hold music

Posted 07-17-2017 12:21

Music: IB Audio, great price / service. Huge database and no issues regarding royalty's.

audio file formats Architect:

• 11,025 Hz 16 bit PCM
    • 8,000 Hz 16 bit PCM
    • 11,025 Hz 8 bit PCM
    • 11,025 Hz µ-Law
    • 8,000 Hz 8 bit PCM
    • 8,000 Hz µ-Law
    • 11,025 Hz 4 bit ADPCM
    • 8,000 Hz 4 bit ADPCM
    • 11,025 Hz GSM 06.10
    • 8,000 Hz GSM 06.10

We use 8,000 Hz 16 bit PCM

• 10.  RE: On hold music

Posted 07-17-2017 21:47

Sorry Jason, we don't have an ETA.

• 11.  RE: On hold music

Posted 09-28-2017 11:31

@Melissa Bailey? Any Update regarding question from @Jason Pratt? . One of our divisions is complaining about the hold music after accepting an ACD call. This is our motor division and the music doesn't fit with there type of clients. :(

• 12.  RE: On hold music

Posted 09-28-2017 17:05

Sorry, we still don't have an ETA.

• 13.  RE: On hold music

Posted 11-02-2017 11:08

@Melissa Bailey? 

More complaints are coming in regarding the hold music after accepting an ACD call. Can you update me? So I can report back within our org what latest status is.

• 14.  RE: On hold music

Posted 11-02-2017 11:34

Hi @Melissa Bailey? 

Would it be better if we reported this the official channels so it will be more visible?

In our business, we are calling to external parties all the time and put our customers on hold. We can see in our Happy or Not rating that they are complaining a lot about the hold music.

We have also noticed that there is not OPUS quality in the In Queue Call Flow and On Hold music. This will make the music even worse. This seems only to affect Purecloud and not the CIC solution.

• 15.  RE: On hold music

Posted 11-02-2017 14:11

Hi Roger & Tobias,

Sorry this isn't something we're currently working on, there are other higher priority items so no ETA. Yes, make official requests for what you want. I forward your comments to our product managers but official requests have more oomph to them. Your requests are used to prioritize our work so more customer requests for a feature = done sooner*.

* This is not a guarantee.

• 16.  RE: On hold music

Posted 11-02-2017 14:15

@Tobias Zackrisson? , @Jason Pratt? , @Charl Strauss? 

Shall we combine our request via our local official channels...4 customers asking the same question can help in prioritize.

• 17.  RE: On hold music

Posted 11-03-2017 01:00

hmmm, i must say that I am puzzled how this is not on the roadmap for resolution this year, the community board went live at the start of January and this issue was raised at the start of March. Surely that should be telling the devs that this is an issue that we as the customers identified very early on as wanting/needing to be fixed, I have been telling my CEO since March that this has been raised with ININ and is being investigated only to now see it is not. @Melissa Bailey? please lodge an "official request" on our behalf with 259 views on this thread surely this is one of the highest viewed threads for a reason. @Glenn McIntosh? 

• 18.  RE: On hold music

Posted 11-14-2017 21:18

+1 for the user initiated hold music. We raised this one when we went live last December. As far as I know it was registered as an enhancement.

• 19.  RE: On hold music

Posted 11-29-2017 01:17

We need this as well. It may seem like a small, inconsequential thing to the devs, but to the customers who are having to listen to it, it's a really big deal. If your only contact with a company is via a phone call, the hold music really does affect your impression of said company. Thanks.

• 20.  RE: On hold music

Posted 01-23-2018 20:22

hi, Any ETA on this request ? We also need this feature to allow my customer to play custom MOH while they place their customer on HOLD. I show here that lots of people are asking for this feature. when do you think it will be available to us ?

• 21.  RE: On hold music

Posted 02-11-2018 11:59

+1 for being able to upload our own On Hold music

• 22.  RE: On hold music

GENESYS
    Posted 03-12-2018 18:02
    Good news everyone!  We are currently working on this, target release date is Q2.

------------------------------
    Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 23.  RE: On hold music

Posted 03-28-2018 18:39
    Thank you for the update Melissa. I get asked about this every few weeks. We have many managers here eagerly awaiting this as the customers continue to comment on it. It can't come soon enough!

Nathan Friesen
    BigSteelBox

• 24.  RE: On hold music

Posted 06-04-2018 09:32
    Edited by Christian Ropertz 06-04-2018 09:32
    Hi All,

I'm replying to this ticket since we have the same issue.
    Lot of complaints. How hard is it to change the MOH to something less annoying?

Christian Ropertz
    Dealerdirect H.Q.

• 25.  RE: On hold music

GENESYS
    Posted 06-04-2018 10:13
    Hi Christian,

Work is ongoing and we are on track to hit our delivery date.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 26.  RE: On hold music

Posted 07-08-2018 20:25
    Hi Melissa,

Any update on what the delivery date will be for this feature?

Thanks

Sam

Sam Othman
    Ignite Travel Group

• 27.  RE: On hold music

GENESYS
    Posted 07-09-2018 11:05
    It's coming out this quarter.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 28.  RE: On hold music

Posted 07-25-2018 11:48
    Dear All,

Good News

releasenote

Andrew Adel
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 29.  RE: On hold music

Posted 07-25-2018 12:11

Praise the lord...

• 30.  RE: On hold music

Posted 07-26-2018 03:35
    Yep. All praise to the Almighty ... Don't forget the limitation of 25Mb recording size though :D

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al-Futtaim Technologies -

• 31.  RE: On hold music

Posted 07-27-2018 03:11
    Yeah, no more customers complaining about the on hold music!

Edward de Wit
    Dealerdirect B.V.

• 32.  RE: On hold music

Posted 07-26-2018 13:18
    This is great news that we can now change the hold music - however; we wish there was more than 1 standard option to choose from within the PureCloud system.

Does anyone have suggestions of Vendors having better options of hold music available to preview and download?

thank you,
    KJ

KJ
    Novocure

• 33.  RE: On hold music

Posted 07-27-2018 03:14
    Hi KJ,

search for elevator music in google.
    Free download with a lot of music.

Edward de Wit
    Dealerdirect B.V.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources