Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dropdown Click Action

Posted 05-22-2019 03:49
    Hello, 

I would like to implement a multi level wrap up codes into a script page at the end of the call.

I know that we can add a Click Action to a button to trigger an action when clicking like changing a page er setting a variable..

Would it be possible to do the same thing with the Dropdown components.

I have the first level of wrap up codes with 3 options : Reservation, Aftersales, others
    When the agent choose Reservation, another Dropdown list will show up with its own wrap up codes.
    If the Agent choose After sales, another dropdown list display a new list.

I tried to test the visibility Boolean variable, but it didn't work.

Yours,
    #Implementation
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Dimension Data France

• 2.  RE: Dropdown Click Action

GENESYS
    Posted 05-22-2019 08:48
    One of the settings on the drop-down list control is Disabled, which you set to a Boolean variable.

So, your first drop-down which sets the type of Wrap-up codes to use would call a custom action that sets the Boolean variables used for your other drop-down lists to True or False, as appropriate. That way, the page will Enable or Disable the Wrap-up code drop-downs.

So, you could have three custom Boolean(True/False) variables: ReservationDisable, AftersalesDisable, and SupportDisable.

When a caller calls to make a reservation, the agent selects Reservation in the first drop-down which uses the Change Action setting to run a custom action, and the custom action sets ReservationDisable=False, AftersalesDisable=True, SupportDisable=True.

I think that will cause the Reservation wrap-up drop-down to enable and the other two to disable, achieving what you want.

I didn't set it all up to test, but I think that gets you what you are asking for.

Experiment, and if you have more questions I might be able to get back to it later today. Right now I need to put some work in on my real job :-)

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Dropdown Click Action

Posted 05-22-2019 10:49
    Thank you very much.

Would it be possible to concatenate all the variables set from the previous levels ? 
    example: Variable1_Variable2_Variable3 ?

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Dimension Data France

• 4.  RE: Dropdown Click Action

GENESYS
    Posted 05-22-2019 11:40
    Edited by George Ganahl 05-22-2019 11:40
    I experimented a little bit, and the Disabled functionality works in that it prevents the agent from using the disabled drop-down. The drop-down is still visible on the page, but you can't select anything from it.

You can use a custom action to concatenate variable values to a specific variable using Scripter:Set Variable with the Interpolate Text option.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources