Genesys Multicloud

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Terminating an application without disconnecting the caller and agent

Posted 02-14-2021 17:03
    We are building an Designer application which is to be called by an agent ,to conference in a customer, in order to capture a credit card number, via DTMF, so the agent does not deal with or see the card details.  We have an issue in that when the application ends it terminates everyone on the conference (agent and customer).  

Has anyone built such an application or similar? Is there a function in Designer which ends the application only - ie. exits the conference leaving the agent and customer in tack?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Davide Giglio
    Stellantis (formerly known as FCA US LLC)

• 2.  RE: Terminating an application without disconnecting the caller and agent

Posted 03-30-2021 13:18
    Hello Davide, 

have you tried RP with a cold transfer and then targeting the person back via Last Agent Routing 

thanks 
    ALi

Ali K
    ENMAX Corp.

• 3.  RE: Terminating an application without disconnecting the caller and agent

Posted 04-14-2021 19:58

Davide,

Yes, using the micro pay app and masking DTMF but keeping the agent on the line.  I am no longer at that organization, so can't recall exact block details.

Let me see who the last Genesys PS person was (memory fails me on this) and I will post as they know the exact details from the block.  I can only remember the sales engineer who we did the POC with, and that won't help you. It's common knowledge within a segment of Genesys PS.  The time and cost was minimal.

• 4.  RE: Terminating an application without disconnecting the caller and agent

Posted 04-14-2021 20:30
    Hi Kevin,

We actually got this resolved with Genesys' assistance.  It was a little known secret, simple line of code or function - I do not remember exactly as my developers were the one making the change with PS' help.  We are now able conference the caller to the PIN validation application, let the caller enter their PIN (DTMF) and validate it and then terminate the app while keeping both Caller and Agent on the line to continue their work. 

Thanks

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 5.  RE: Terminating an application without disconnecting the caller and agent

Posted 05-22-2021 13:31
    Hi Kevin,

Is that possible to share or throw some light on how did Genesys or you over come this problem? I have exact same scenario and i have to disconnect the application with out dropping the actual call of customer and agent. Really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
    Ramu

Ramu P
    Global Technology Solutions, LLC

• 6.  RE: Terminating an application without disconnecting the caller and agent

GENESYS
    Posted 05-24-2021 10:11
    Good day all,

We just implemented this exact scenario for another Genesys Engage Cloud customer.  A Terminate call block will drop all parties and is not needed.  In the Assisted Services section, add a Route Call block (To: "gcti::reject" ; Route type : Force Route; Overall Timeout : 5) as the last block.  

Paul Rapoza
    Genesys - Employees
    Professional Services Project Manager

• 7.  RE: Terminating an application without disconnecting the caller and agent

Posted 05-24-2021 14:13
    TADA!  You nailed it Paul.  And thanks for that over at you know where...

• 8.  RE: Terminating an application without disconnecting the caller and agent

Posted 05-24-2021 15:37
    I can concur, that is what we were told to use and it is working as expected. 

FYI, we use this for capturing a PIN and Credit Card number;  the agent will conference the caller into an application that prompts for the numbers (DTMF only) and when completed the application terminates but the agent and caller are still on the line.

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 9.  RE: Terminating an application without disconnecting the caller and agent

Posted 05-25-2021 04:11
    Thanks Davide Giglio for your reply and confirming the behaviour with use case details. Really appreciate it.

Regards,
    Ramu

Ramu P

• 10.  RE: Terminating an application without disconnecting the caller and agent

Posted 05-25-2021 04:09
    Edited by Ramu P 05-25-2021 04:13
    Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for the reply and this really helps, i was using  same route type with some dummy DN/route point. However, it does not help. I will try this solution. I was cracking my head to find this info, you saved my day. The screen shot explains a lot, it is really helpful and crystal clear. 
    Once again thank you very much. 

Regards,
    Ramu

Ramu P

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources