Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Progressive and Power Dialing

• 1.  Progressive and Power Dialing

Posted 01-30-2018 04:08

Is it possible to operate Progressive and Power dialing simultaneously?

We operate the outbound dialer for our call center and have noticed of late when running these 2 modes at the same time our carrier is blocking our outgoing trunk due to the speed of dials.

Has anyone operated these modes together?

Is it advisable to stick with only 1 outbound dialing mode?

I have asked support for clarification but seems to be a bit of yes/no type response.

Contacts are important for us but a balanced approach is more sustainable to ensure we don't burn through our data too quickly

• 2.  RE: Progressive and Power Dialing

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2018 11:49

Hi Darryn. We definitely have customers who run mixed dialing modes, or even multiple campaigns on aggressive modes like Predictive. Ultimately though, it's up to what your carrier supports in terms of outbound call throughput what best works for the situation.

One thing to consider, is it's possible to configure the maximum number of lines that each campaign will use. See step #10 here - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-power-dialing-campaign/.

• 3.  RE: Progressive and Power Dialing

Posted 06-12-2018 12:03
    I have a customer who ran a  progressive campaign and preview campaign  but there are no calls been routed to agents on progressive campaign .

Any ideas 

Can you have the same agents on both campaigns .?

------------------------------
    Roisin Floyd
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Progressive and Power Dialing

Posted 06-13-2018 10:04
    Rosin,

I believe there is a chart I saw somewhere that shows this, but in my experience it doesn't work having agents on mixed dialing mode campaigns that are different in nature from each other. IE: You can have an agent on two campaigns that are using POWER and PREDICTIVE, but not POWER and PREVIEW. Progressive and Preview I think are too different I believe.

Michael Cofer
    Liberty Power Corp

• 5.  RE: Progressive and Power Dialing

GENESYS
    Posted 06-13-2018 15:08
    We do support mixed dialing modes across agents & campaigns.  One thing to double check, would be the agent utilization settings Configure agent utilization - PureCloud Resource Center.  Specifically, make sure that callbacks can be interrupted by voice if you would like someone with a Preview to be able to take a call.  Also see the bottom section of this page - Create a new campaign - PureCloud Resource Center for more info on multi-campaign support.

Hope that helps.

Adam Dyer
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Progressive and Power Dialing

Posted 06-13-2018 21:09
    We have reverted to using Predictive and Progressive. As we found that Progressive was quite aggressive in comparison, while it worked for a short time we did notice an increase in throttled numbers.
    Utilization is a dicey one, while temporarily we introduced calls to be interrupted by callbacks in preview we did find that it was bumping agents or queuing more than one call even though we limited the amount calls received.

Though it is also dependent on how many agents we have on queue into determining wait times between calls for outbound. 
    We do operate up to 10-12 campaigns on predictive with an average of 2.00 calls per an agent with a minimum of 12 agents anything less and the queues do not functioning properly.

Progressive hasn't functioned the way we use to operate it since the start of the year so unsure if something changed in the backend

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand

• 7.  RE: Progressive and Power Dialing

GENESYS
    Posted 06-14-2018 09:23
    Hi Darryn.  Regarding utilization, I think you would really want the opposite utilization....callbacks to be interrupted by calls, not the other way around.  Also, it would be advisable in either situation to not use Preview timeouts, so agents fully control when the Preview call is placed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "throttled numbers", but if you don't have enough outbound capacity, it would be possible that the volume increase from switching to automated dials would hit capacity issues.

As for Progressive functionality, there haven't been any intentional changes there, so please open a support request with details if it is not functioning properly.

Adam Dyer
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: Progressive and Power Dialing
    Best Answer

Posted 07-16-2018 16:41
    Darryn - How many agents do you guys have? It sounds like you guys are running a lot of campaigns all at once. We are running multiple outbound groups across different PureCloud orgs. We have found that limiting the # of campaigns to allow for ~10 agents per campaign works best. IE: If I have 20 agents available, the maximum # of campaigns that we will run at once is 2 (for Predictive or Power modes). We allow that ratio to fluctuate... but if we go under 10 active agents we only run one campaign at a time.

The Predictive / Power modes look for at least 10 agents in order to calibrate properly the # of calls to place per available agent. If you â€‹â€‹â€‹are running 10-12 campaigns at once, you would in theory need 100-120 agents available to take calls to efficiently operate. PureCloud reps may say otherwise, but after a year of doing this with the PureCloud platform we have found our best results occur when we limit the # of active campaigns we have turned on. ​

Michael Cofer
    Liberty Power Corp

• 9.  RE: Progressive and Power Dialing

Posted 07-24-2018 03:04
    Hi Michael
    We have 30 agents who assigned to multiple outbound queues. A daily operation we would operate up to 2-4 Power queues in addition to 2-3 predictive queues. Prior to this it was always run off Progressive with no issues. Then we noticed a decrease in dials while on Progressive so we changed it and clawed back a faster ratio. We experience up to a 10 second delay between agent awaiting for the next call to drop into them. So I have been asked what changed.

I often think that after using the system for a long time people believe that its slower but then again maybe it's them getting slower (hehe)

I have reviewed your previous response and it makes sense, do you have a call attempt limit applied to your queues?

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 10.  RE: Progressive and Power Dialing

Posted 08-13-2018 08:58
    Hey Darryn, sorry for the late reply to you. For some reason I didn't receive notification of your reply.

We apply a call attempt to our campaigns for each contact list so that we don't call the same contact more than once per day. It's not very complex right now - we actually have some plans to expand on those rules, but right now we just limit to one call per day.

Since we are only running 2-3 campaigns at a time (all on POWER) we utilize a large leads list, which takes a few days to get through completely. 

If you'd like to follow up further offline with me to discuss the different ways we are both using the platform, I'd be open to that.

Just shoot me an email.

Michael Cofer
    Liberty Power Corp
    mcofer@libertypowercorp.com

• 11.  RE: Progressive and Power Dialing

Posted 09-04-2023 05:18

Adam,

I have a customer who is running in predictive mode but when the customer doesn't answer the phone and the call is classed as a "nuisance" call they want to call the customer in progressive mode. Is it possible to do this and if so how ?.

richard craig
    British Telecommunications PLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources