Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  What kind of third party Chat solution does people use??

Posted 01-16-2018 07:32

As I am experiencing a very basic webchat delivered in PureCloud I will have to start looking into a new solution. In my opinion I think that the webchat is lacking basic functionality such as a "send-button" (Not enter, since that does not work well from mobile or tablets), the ability to send conversation history to customer etc.

Webchat is the fastest growing customer channel in our company and we have to make sure that great CX is delivered here also.

What do you use?

• 2.  RE: What kind of third party Chat solution does people use??

Posted 01-16-2018 08:26

Hi Richard,

Yes it is basic but a few things are underway:

Chat schedules (PURE-2123) • Chat APIs (PURE-1830) • Chat custom design(PURE-1953)

With the current API you can build the ability to send conversation history to customers. (https://api.{{environment}}/api/v2/conversations/chats/{{conversationId}})

I am not looking for another solution, within a short time Chat will be more mature with less functionality gaps. Why pay for an other Chat platform,

unnecessary duplicate costs.

• 3.  RE: What kind of third party Chat solution does people use??

Posted 01-16-2018 08:36

It is not as I want to change to another solution, but I find it hard to know when we can expect to have som new features wich will close the gap.

Thanks for the conversation ID API.. For me the most pressing issue is the lack of a send button, 60% of our chat customers are chatting from a tablet or mobilephone and have difficulty understanding how to "send". A lot of the customers presses the red arrow in the corner and closes the app in stead, wich leads to pore customer scores.

Hoping for fast deployment of features for webchat

• 4.  RE: What kind of third party Chat solution does people use??

Posted 01-16-2018 08:40

@Lucie DeCristofaro?  Can you please add "Send Button" in WebChat as requested/needed feature or is this all ready on the roadmap..if yes what is the Pure-ID?

• 5.  RE: What kind of third party Chat solution does people use??

Posted 01-17-2018 21:47

What we have in the works is the ability to enable a Send button in your web chat config. The Send button would be displayed regardless of the browser used. We plan to make this available this month.

• 6.  RE: What kind of third party Chat solution does people use??

Posted 01-24-2018 14:44

@Richard Vogt? Send button is deployed. See Release notes

• 7.  RE: What kind of third party Chat solution does people use??

Posted 03-31-2018 17:14

Hi Richard,

We are in a similar position.  I find the live chat is lacking based on features available from other vendors.  The customer experience for our mobile chat users is not where we would expect.  We used to use intercom and are thinking of reverting back to it next week.  Even if there is a road-map to fix it I cannot have my customers have a poor communication experience with us.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources