Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Alex Lara

Alex Lara01-13-2018 20:47

Alex Lara

Alex Lara01-17-2018 22:01

• 1.  What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-13-2018 20:47

• 2.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-15-2018 08:12

You can set your own image, just change the url:

"agentAvatar": {

"width": 462,

"height": 462,

"url": "https://d3a63qt71m2kua.cloudfront.net/developer-tools/535/assets/images/agent.jpg"

• 3.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-15-2018 16:12

That is my question... How did you get to that URL? There are multiple agents assigned to our Chat queue's. We are trying to pull the agentAvatar of the agent that has connected to the chat to display on the customer facing Chat container.

• 4.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-16-2018 08:35

If I read the documentation correctly you can only set one avatar for all agents

https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/webchat/

• 5.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-16-2018 21:31

If you want to set a different chat image for each agent, follow these instructions: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/add-an-agent-alias-name-and-image/

The image described in that article is different than the agent's normal profile picture, although agents could of course upload the same image if they wanted to.

As for the web chat config value you reference, Rogier is correct that you can only set one image for all agents in the web chat config. We'll work on making that more clear in the docs. The image that you set through web chat config seems to be a fallback: if an agent does not have an "agent image" set as described above, then use this generic image. You can use whatever image you want there, as long as it's publicly accessible on the Internet (although I'd recommend that it be an image on your own servers :))

• 6.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-16-2018 22:09

We have followed these steps and used the url provided by the DEV TOOLS for our ORG "https://d3a63qt71m2kua.cloudfront.net/developer-tools/635/assets/images/agent.jpg." The photo that appears is the standard photo used by PureCloud/Genesys. Attached is further detail. "agent image chat window" is what appears, "agent image" is what SHOULD be appearing.

20180116 - PureCloud - agent image chat window

20180116 - PureCloud - agent image

• 7.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-17-2018 08:36

Did you clear the cache of your Chrome browser?

• 8.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-17-2018 11:34

If you want I can test it on my side and see what happens / images are shown. Where can I initiate a webchat with your org?

• 9.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-17-2018 11:38

Ok! love to help. Share the link in private message :-)

• 10.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-17-2018 16:35

@Caitlan Spronk? We tested from multiple outside sources. Same issue.

• 11.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-17-2018 16:50

Hello Alex,

Just making sure: Does your test user have a profile picture set AND an agent image set in PureCloud? Here's what mine looks like in my test org:

Profile picture:

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 11.41.09 AMAgent image:

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 5.13.19 PM

Inside PureCloud, you'll see your "profile picture" when you send a message, but the customer will see the "agent image" if there is one. If there isn't one, then it will fall back to showing the image in the web chat configuration.

With that setup, here's what I see as agent and customer:

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 11.44.14 AM

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 11.44.38 AM

• 12.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-17-2018 16:57

The Agent image tab is not visible to me when attempting upload a picture. That seems to be the issue.

• 13.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-17-2018 17:06

@Caitlan Spronk? When attempting to add a new section, the only option presented is "person_agent"

20180117 - PureCloud - profile sections

This allows me to set the profile name, which is working in the Chat window. When attempting to set the image, the Agent tab is not available.

20180117 - PureCloud - profile picture

• 14.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-17-2018 21:32

If you make an API call to /api/v2/organizations/me, is the contactCenter feature true or false? I think that might be the issue. However, I don't know the details of your organization and why that feature might be turned on or off. I recommend talking to whoever enabled your org before messing with that setting, in case there's a reason it's off.

• 15.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-17-2018 22:01

contactCenter = true

• 16.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-17-2018 22:26

Okay, I have one more idea: check to see if the 'purecloud' feature is set to true or false when you call /api/v2/organizations/me. When I set that to false in my test org it also caused the "Agent Image" tab to disappear. If 'purecloud' is set to true and you still are having problems, we have reached the end of my knowledge. I would then recommend contacting customer care, as it seems something is not working as it's supposed to in your org.

• 17.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

Posted 01-18-2018 00:37

Wow... It worked. Thank you very much @Caitlan Spronk? for your patience and attention through this! "purecloud" was set to false. After running a quick Feature update through the API Explorer, the Agent tab appeared in the image upload section of the profile and we are now up and running!

• 18.  RE: What is the URL in the WebChat code, or how is it constructed, that allows for the display of the profile picture of the agent that has connected to the chat?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2018 14:20

Good! I'm glad we finally figured it out. I suspect it was an error that your "purecloud" feature was set to false, but you may want to ask whoever enabled your org if that was on purpose. That's outside my usual area of expertise, so I don't know if there are valid reasons that the "purecloud" feature would be off. (Also, you probably know this already, but proceed with caution when modifying those features--some of them, like hipaa or pci, can significantly alter how your org behaves.)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources