Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is distributing a call to a queue with a priority influencing only that queue, or all waiting calls ?

Posted 11-15-2017 17:46

As per ressource center, priority setting when doing the 'transfer to ACD' in Architect makes the system consider the call as if it was received sooner than it really was, so that it will be served earlier (VIP ...).

But is this timing shift only taken into account in the queue the call was distributed to , or is it having an effect globally ( 'inter queues') ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Is distributing a call to a queue with a priority influencing only that queue, or all waiting calls ?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-21-2017 19:09

Hello, Mayeul. This only has an affect on the current queue's calls. I'll look into clarifying that better in Architect's Transfer to ACD action article. Please let me know if I can help further. Thank you!

Debbi

• 3.  RE: Is distributing a call to a queue with a priority influencing only that queue, or all waiting calls ?

Posted 11-23-2017 08:33

Thanks for your answer.

I would have thought that it has a global impact.

So if I get it wright: if we have 1 agent only on-queue in 2 queues Q1 and Q2, and currently interacting. We have 1 call waiting in Q1 for 10 min, 1 call waiting in Q2 for 5 min with a priority of 10. So when agent is available again, you're saying that he will be presented with call from Q1 ? I was expecting that he will be presented call from Q2 which is virtually waiting for 5 + 10 min.

Thanks

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources