Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Salesforce Lightning integration issues

Posted 10-16-2017 13:01

Hello,

We plan to roll out Salesforce Lightning but we are having some issues with the purecloud integration. It seems that the purecloud app doesn't popup when an incoming call comes in. I have been told that this is an upcoming feature. My biggest concern is that if the browser window isn't focused or is minimized and the agent receives a call, there is no notification anywhere on screen. The browser page doesn't popup or flashes in the taskbar neither. Is there something we can do ?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Salesforce Lightning integration issues

GENESYS
    Posted 10-17-2017 12:35

Marco,

This was already asked and answered in your previous community post. Forcing the lighting component to "pop" on an interaction alerting is an enhancement that has been added to the product backlog and will be dealt with at some point in the relatively near future.

If the browser window were to be minimized or obscured by another window, there would be no visual cue that an interaction is incoming (although there is an audible tone that plays), as we do not have direct access to the browser window because we are running inside of the Salesforce CTI framework. If that is a main concern of yours, I would recommend either using the PureCloud for Chrome browser extension or the PureCloud Desktop app, both of which are able to provide visual indicators in the form of flashing icons in the dock and "toast" notifications when new interactions are alerting.

• 3.  RE: Salesforce Lightning integration issues

Posted 10-17-2017 14:13

Hello Richard,

I'm aware that I have already asked this question and that's why I said in my post that it was upcoming in the future.

However your mention of the purecloud for chrome extension got me curious. I have done a quick search and found that there's an extension put it seems to be for screen sharing. Is it so ?

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Salesforce Lightning integration issues

GENESYS
    Posted 10-17-2017 20:31

nope, that's not the one I'm referring to. it's this one:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-purecloud-chrome-administrators/

Keep in mind that this will not have the same sort of call logging integration with Salesforce that the PureCloud for Salesforce integration has. I only suggested it as a potential workaround for notifications when the browser is minimized.

• 5.  RE: Salesforce Lightning integration issues

Posted 10-20-2017 13:00

Alright, thanks !

• 6.  RE: Salesforce Lightning integration issues

Posted 02-22-2018 07:52
    I am going to check out purecloud for chrome in tandem with purecloud for salesforce. We are going live with salesforce in a week and one of my complaints is the user experience with the embedded dialer in salesforce. For outbound calls you have to click about 4-5 times to place the call. Both inbound and outbound, it would be nice if there was a little more notification other than a tone. A small pop up to let you get to the answer button would be nice. One specific question I have is can you use both chrome and salesforce tools together? If you answer with the chrome extension does it still follow your salesforce interactions and log the call in salesforce to the contact and regarding etc?

• 7.  RE: Salesforce Lightning integration issues

Posted 02-22-2018 11:12

@Jeremy Lee? can you give me a little more context to what you mean by "the embedded dialer in salesforce"? Do you mean the handling of Outbound Dialer Campaign calls within the PureCloud for Salesforce client? Or do you mean placing simple outbound calls? If the former, the workflow of the calls is dictated by the dialing mode of the campaign; preview calls will necessarily take more clicks to initiate because they are intended to provide an agent an opportunity to review all the relevant information delivered in the screen pop prior to placing the call, while the predictive dialing modes should behave in a similar fashion to an inbound call (from the agent's perspective). If you're referring to the latter, is there a reason you're not leveraging the click to dial capabilities of the integration? All phone number fields in Salesforce are rendered as clickable links that will instantly place an outbound call through the client.

As "more notification other than a tone", the PureCloud for Salesforce client does present a toast notification inside the client, providing a visual indicator of an incoming interaction as well as a "Pickup" button directly in the toast.

• 8.  RE: Salesforce Lightning integration issues

Posted 02-22-2018 11:30

I didn't know there was a toaster popup that was supposed to happen. We just installed this in a test environment a couple weeks ago and have never noticed it. I will email support and figure out what we have wrong.

As far as how we are handling dialing. We deal with 10's of thousands of "leads" we only call leads when they reach a certain threshold (score) and when that happens we push the lead out to a number of agents on queue by going into a call campaign list. That is why we use that dialing method vs click to dial. Nobody "owns" these leads to work off of a list of owned things. When/If we get a hold of the lead and they show more interest, they are then owned and click to dial will be used.

• 9.  RE: Salesforce Lightning integration issues

Posted 02-22-2018 11:43

@Jeremy Lee?  I would recommend reading this: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/pick-up-an-interaction-in-purecloud-for-salesforce/

I still don't understand your statement about there being too many clicks to place an outbound call. It sounds like you are using dialer campaigns; are these preview campaigns? If so, then yes, there are a couple of clicks required to place the call; you must accept the dialer interaction, then select the appropriate phone number (you can set multiple numbers on a single dialer record, so the agent has to choose which one to call in the first attempt), then actually place the call.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/preview-outbound-dialing-campaigns-purecloud-salesforce/

If you are wanting to speed the process of dialing, it might make sense to engage in one of the predictive dialing modes, as this will automatically place the outbound calls for you without the need for agent intervention. There are other factors to consider when changing dialing modes (compliance concerns, abandon rates, rule sets, etc.).

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources