Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Delete a line item from a Contact list

Posted 08-09-2017 09:20

Using contact lists with the outbound dialer we have noticed that some data is incorrect, how do I delete line items from the contact list without affecting other line items and call outcomes?

I have tried to append the list and deleting the record but it adds the existing records at the bottom of the list and classes them as new contacts.

I do not have access to an API or the knowledge to even know where to use an API to remove the record.

• 2.  RE: Delete a line item from a Contact list

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2017 14:09

Hello Darryn Chang!

When creating the contact list under the Advanced tab there is a property you can set called "Unique Identifier Column." If you add a column to your contact list that has a unique number for each contact, and then use that column in the Unique Identifier Column, then when you append to the list it will match the contacts and update the existing ones and not copy them to the bottom of the list. There is a little more information about this field in this docs link for bullet point 14.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-new-contact-list/

Let me know if this doesn't solve what you are trying to do.

Have a good day!

Caitlin

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources