Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call flow involving edges and bridge servers

Posted 07-18-2017 12:03

Hello,

I'm writing an internal admin documentation for our PureCloud integration with Salesforce. However I'm not sure about the actual call flow. This is what I think happens:

1. Incoming call goes to our media gateway (audiocodes)
    2. Gateway sends call to PureCloud Edges.
    3. Edges sends call to PureCloud (the actual cloud)
    4. Goes into the IVR routing and the actual IVR defined in Architect
    5. IVR data dips to the Bridge server on premise
    6. Bridge server returns the wanted info to PureCloud (cloud)
    7. IVR process finishes and sends call to Queue + uses the Set Participant action to send the Salesforce popup url
    8. Call gets presented to agent on his phone and in the Purecloud App installed in the Salesforce Org

These are my questions:

1. Is this the way it goes or does it all stay on premises because of the Edges ?
    2. What if the internet goes out ? Does it still data dip on the on premise bridge server ?

Thanks for your valuable information.

Marco

• 2.  RE: Call flow involving edges and bridge servers

Posted 07-18-2017 12:31

In case 2: Don't know much about SaleForce but that is a Cloud Solution or not? So no internet no datadip with SalesForce...

• 3.  RE: Call flow involving edges and bridge servers

Posted 07-18-2017 15:30

Yes Salesforce is a cloud solution. What I was wondering is if the datadip action is done from the edge or from purecloud(cloud) ?

• 4.  RE: Call flow involving edges and bridge servers

Posted 07-18-2017 15:32

I saw in the documentation that the ivr configs are copied in the edges for disaster recovery. I was wondering if the bridge action in the ivr will still execute even if there's no internet connection ? All the datadip things are on premise, not on the cloud.

• 5.  RE: Call flow involving edges and bridge servers

Posted 07-18-2017 16:05

So no datadip from or to SalesForce? If all datadips are in the internal network / internal recources it should continue to work..(I think :) )

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources