I'm writing an internal admin documentation for our PureCloud integration with Salesforce. However I'm not sure about the actual call flow. This is what I think happens:
- Incoming call goes to our media gateway (audiocodes)
- Gateway sends call to PureCloud Edges.
- Edges sends call to PureCloud (the actual cloud)
- Goes into the IVR routing and the actual IVR defined in Architect
- IVR data dips to the Bridge server on premise
- Bridge server returns the wanted info to PureCloud (cloud)
- IVR process finishes and sends call to Queue + uses the Set Participant action to send the Salesforce popup url
- Call gets presented to agent on his phone and in the Purecloud App installed in the Salesforce Org
These are my questions:
- Is this the way it goes or does it all stay on premises because of the Edges ?
- What if the internet goes out ? Does it still data dip on the on premise bridge server ?
Thanks for your valuable information.