Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Putting the DNIS/Caller ID on Script

Posted 06-30-2017 20:09

We're trying to add the phone number and associated caller ID from the DNIS to the script for our agents. In other words, the script that pulls up would list the phone number the customer dialed to get to the queue and the caller ID name for that number. Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Putting the DNIS/Caller ID on Script

Posted 06-30-2017 20:13

Architect has variables for that information, Call.RemoteName and Call.CalledAddress. Pass them into the script as inputs.

• 3.  RE: Putting the DNIS/Caller ID on Script

Posted 07-03-2017 13:33

Alright, I figured out how to add it to the script, but the RemoteName is just showing up as the caller's number, and not the name of the called address. Thoughts?

• 4.  RE: Putting the DNIS/Caller ID on Script

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2017 15:01

When using those variables in a script, I used Scripter.Customer Formatted Number for the remote phone (ANI) and had to create a new variable (in my case CalleeName) with Input set to Yes so it would show up as an Input in Architect for the screen pop.

ScreenPopCalleeName

In Architect I assigned Call.RemoteName as the value to pass into the Input for CalleeName:

ArchitectCalleeName

• 5.  RE: Putting the DNIS/Caller ID on Script

Posted 07-03-2017 15:06

Hey @George Ganahl? . Thanks for your help. Where I'm really stuck is if the customer called 1-800-555-1212 and that number was for our office named Bob's Restaurant, that Bob's Restaurant would pop up on the script, not 1-800-555-1212. We don't need the name of the person calling Bob's Restaurant in our circumstance. Thoughts?

• 6.  RE: Putting the DNIS/Caller ID on Script

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2017 15:27

I think you said something like 120 offices. All the offices in Directory, so you'd like to pull from there based on DNIS.

Unfortunately, the way to access that info in Directory is via the API, so you would have to create a REST web service that gets the location name (or user name...however you have the offices stored) based on the DNIS, and then use the returned data to set the Input for that screen pop. That would be using a Web Services Data Dip connector.

This thread on developer.mypurecloud.com talks about how to call the API from Architect and use the returned data there:

https://developer.mypurecloud.com/forum/t/bridge-action-to-retrieve-last-agent-that-forwards-a-call-to-an-in-queue-call-flow/1026/4

It's not exactly the same, but you can post on the forum there and get more assistance.

• 7.  RE: Putting the DNIS/Caller ID on Script

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2017 15:27

I don't know of another way to accomplish what you want...sorry! Hopefully someone else can come up with a better idea.

• 8.  RE: Putting the DNIS/Caller ID on Script

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2017 15:28

(Other than a data dip to a database or some other web service)

• 9.  RE: Putting the DNIS/Caller ID on Script

Posted 07-21-2017 12:20

Have I misunderstood something or can't you get the DNIS into a script with the build in features in the scripteditor/architect?

You need to get it from a webservice/API?

• 10.  RE: Putting the DNIS/Caller ID on Script

GENESYS
    Posted 04-09-2019 13:21
    You can do so now. I can't remember what limitation I was running into back then.

You can also use Data Tables now to correlate DNIS to names and send those names from the data table into the script.

------------------------------
    George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources