Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Reporting: Summary Data / Call Flow Data / XLS(X) Formats

Posted 06-13-2017 16:35

I'm hoping I am missing some options somewhere in the reporting section:

I noticed that PDF reports don't have any summary or total information for agents, queues, days, etc. Is there a way to get this information on the reports (i.e. interaction detail report)?

The XLS(x) exports ("reports") look just like the PDF files: date, time, and duration data are exported as text, requiring re-formatting. Is there a way to get this information without re-formatting dozens of XLS(X) reports?

Lastly, there doesn't seem to be any way to get reports on how many calls are received by a call flow either during open or closed hours. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Reporting: Summary Data / Call Flow Data / XLS(X) Formats

GENESYS
    Posted 06-30-2017 13:39

Patrick,

We have a few options available and a few currently under development that will address your areas of need. You are correct, the XLS versions of the reports are designed to be raw text so users can manipulate them further and aggregate the totals together however you would like. If you need more specific information or totals aggregated together in a way that's not available in the reports, we have a developer API available where you can query our data repository directly for your organization. https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/rest/v2/analytics/index.html

We currently do not have metrics available for specific call flows. Internally, we refer to this feature as "IVR Reporting". Development work is underway under project PURE-853 where we will be able to begin gathering the raw metrics for specific call flows and make them available via the Analytics API. This feature is currently estimated to be available for our customers before the end of the year. Once the metrics are available, we will be able to start including them in various areas of the UI within the product as well as develop reports around these metrics.

We also have another project under development to enhance our export options from the UI itself to pull Analytics data. The project number for these enhancement is PURE-1343 which is currently due to be released before the end of the summer. This enhancement will provide filtering, sorting, and custom column options within the queue performance view that will be exportable as CSVs to be used further.

• 3.  RE: Reporting: Summary Data / Call Flow Data / XLS(X) Formats

Posted 07-05-2017 17:35

The CSV option would be extremely beneficial.

To use the current XLS/XLSX reports for anything but printing (and the PDF reports look nicer), you need to extract the "data" from between the header and footer, remove extraneous columns, parse dates and times and convert them to date and time values, etc. You can't even add seconds without converting the data from text format. Multiply that by 30+ reports, and it's a good deal of work to compensate for the raw text.

• 4.  RE: Reporting: Summary Data / Call Flow Data / XLS(X) Formats

Posted 07-06-2017 14:19

In case someone else finds this useful...

To use the information in a XLS/XLSX Interaction Details Report in arithmetic formulae and functions (SUM, COUNT, etc.) I use these steps for each report:

1. Copy the column headers and all information rows up to, but excluding, the report footer to a separate sheet.
    2. Reformat to an easily legible font and point size.
    3. Unmerge the Duration header (column F & G). Just the header row - not the rest of the columns (they aren't merged).
    4. Delete column G (where the duration appears to be, but isn't) because it is empty.
    5. Insert new columns after H (wait time in sec - text), F (duration - text), and three columns after E (date/time - text). Three is my preference to convert the text information into data for a pivot table.
    6. Copy column headers from: L1 to M1, I1 to J1, E1 to F1, and add "Date" to G1 and "Time" to H1. The latter two add utility to the table.
    7. Define formula "=VALUE(L2)" in M2 and copy to all rows in column M. This converts the text seconds to data.
    8. Define formula "=TIMEVALUE(I2)" in J2. Change format of J2 to "hh:mm:ss" and copy J2 to remaining cells in column J.
    9. Define formula "=DATEVALUE(E2)+TIMEVALUE(E2)" in F2. Adjust format as desired. I use "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss AM/PM" to approximate ISO standard but keep the time localized. Copy cell to remaining cells in column.
    10. Define formula "=TRUNC(F2)" in G2. Adjust format as desired. I use "yyyy-mm-dd" and copy to remaining cells in column.
    11. Define formula "=MOD(F2, 1)" in H2. Adjust format as desired. I use "hh:mm:ss AM/PM" and copy to remaining cells in column.
    12. Select the entire worksheet and copy then paste as values.
    13. Eliminate the original text information columns (L, I, and E) as they've been replaced by native format data.
    14. Remove the Type column (A) because it a placeholder for an image and totally unusable in functions.
    15. Correct row banding as desired or convert to an Excel Table.
    16. Optional: The resulting data table can now also be used as source for a pivot table allowing the use of arithmetic functions.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources