Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Are calls automatically recorded? We have cleints that request that we stop or pause the recording but I'm not even certain that the calls are being recorded?

Posted 06-07-2017 00:25

• 2.  RE: Are calls automatically recorded? We have cleints that request that we stop or pause the recording but I'm not even certain that the calls are being recorded?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2017 20:58

By default, calls are not automatically recorded. Your telephony administrator must enable recording on the trunk, https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/enable-line-recording-on-the-trunk/ to allow you to record calls.

• 3.  RE: Are calls automatically recorded? We have cleints that request that we stop or pause the recording but I'm not even certain that the calls are being recorded?

Posted 07-26-2017 16:32

Hi everyone,

Can you tell me if enabling recording on the trunk will record every call, even though on the flow is not configured the “Enable Participant Recording Action”?

How is this action related to enable recording on the trunk? I think I might be missing something here.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Ana Laia

• 4.  RE: Are calls automatically recorded? We have cleints that request that we stop or pause the recording but I'm not even certain that the calls are being recorded?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2017 16:43

• 5.  RE: Are calls automatically recorded? We have cleints that request that we stop or pause the recording but I'm not even certain that the calls are being recorded?

Posted 07-26-2017 17:04

Hi Jeff,

Thank for your answer.

On this article is stated:

“PureCloud does not begin recording prior to the caller’s consent.”

So, if I don’t use this action the call will not be recorded even though it’s configured enabling record on the trunk?

Thank you.

• 6.  RE: Are calls automatically recorded? We have cleints that request that we stop or pause the recording but I'm not even certain that the calls are being recorded?

Posted 07-26-2017 18:07

Hi everyone,

The trunk has 2 different settings that control recording. Open the Media section under External Trunk Configuration. The Line Recording button allows you to enable/disable recording. There is also a Consent Required button. This requires the customer to give their OK to be recorded before the recording will be started.

Line Recording enabled + Consent Required disabled = all calls will be recorded

Line Recording enabled + Consent Required enabled = calls will only be recorded if the customer says it's ok, i.e. the Enable Participant Recording action is executed in the call flow.

Line Recording disabled = no calls will be recorded, regardless of whether the call flow uses the Enable Participant Recording action.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/enable-line-recording/

• 7.  RE: Are calls automatically recorded? We have cleints that request that we stop or pause the recording but I'm not even certain that the calls are being recorded?

Posted 07-27-2017 08:37

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your answer, I think now it's clear to me.

Regards,

Ana

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources