Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email routing

Posted 04-26-2017 05:41

Hi there,

I have 1 telephone queue and 1 email queue, each day i have specific agents log into each queue depending on their work function for that particular day but all my agents are able to work both queues, it just depends on which queue i assign them to each day.

So today i had an officer logged into the phone queue and she got an email routed to her.

How is this possible?

I had agents in the email queue idle but it still routed to the agent who was in the phone queue.

thanks in advance for your guidance on this.

Jason

p.s. we are new to email interactions so this is all a bit of a learning curve for us. 

• 2.  RE: Email routing

Posted 04-26-2017 19:16

There are a couple possible scenarios I can think of where this may happen:

1. Someone transferred the email directly to this employee.
    2. The employee already had an email from that customer opened and the customer sent in a reply. This sounds less likely given you description, but I figured I'd mention it as a possibility.

Does any of the above possibly match up with what may have happened?

In addition, email routing is configured in two different ways:

1. Route all emails coming to a particular email address directly to a queue, where it's a 1-1 mapping between a queue and an email address. I.e. all emails that arrive to support@support.noosa.qld.gov.au are routed to the support queue.
    2. Route emails via an inbound email flow where you have a lot more flexibility and can route emails to different queues based on keywords, attachments, etc.  More info here:  https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/inbound-email-flows/

If you are using email flows for routing, it's possible that you have the emails being routed to the wrong queue. Hard to tell without seeing your setup, but just offering this up as another option.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

• 3.  RE: Email routing

Posted 04-27-2017 01:55

Thanks for checking! We should not be targeting the specific user if there is no active email interaction opened w/ the customer.

Since none of what I described matches, then it indeed will need to be investigated as a bug to see if we can find an explanation for this. It would be good if you could open up a support ticket and provide additional details, such as the interaction ID, user ID/name and the queue name (as many of those as you have) so it can be investigated further.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources