Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is there a way to quote across chat groups?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-26-2016 11:05

I love quoting someone within a chat group. Can I grab a quote from one chat group and then insert the quote into a different chat group?

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to quote across chat groups?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2016 17:38

I don't think there's a way to do that.  What I've done before was to just take a screenshot of the post I want to share, then paste it into the chat group I want to share it with.  It's a hack but it does the job! :) 

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to quote across chat groups?

Posted 11-10-2016 21:17

To quote across chat rooms, just click the quote beside the message you want to quote, select another room from the roster, and type your message. You should see the room name change in the quote pop-up.

Some things to keep in mind when you quote someone:

• Your message is deleted when you switch rooms, so switch rooms before typing.
    • The person you quoted is @mentioned in the room you post the quote. @mentioning a person invites them to the chat room, even if the room is private or a personal group. (Quoting someone in a direct message room does not invite them to the direct message, one-on-one conversation.)

2016-11-10_16-05-53

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources