Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Caller ID Name being Stripped by Carrier

Posted 01-04-2022 12:12
    Hi Forum,

My understanding is this info is stripped when it hits hops that don't support the feature. Is there a 3rd party service that preserves the "Caller ID Name" or a best practice genesys offers its customers who need this feature to work?
    #ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)
    #Outbound
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SIP/VolP
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Bryan De La Cruz

• 2.  RE: Caller ID Name being Stripped by Carrier

Posted 01-04-2022 14:49
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 01-04-2022 14:51
    Hi Bryan

I'm trying to dust off my memory banks as I looked into this quite a while ago.  If I recall, it had something to do with how CNAM is handled by the carriers and/or the country they're in.  In some regions the only caller ID name option is the one stored by a national registry/database that each carrier dips into and updates.  In some other countries it's the carriers (not sure if it's both sending and receiving carriers) that has it's own database for this use.  But it will as you say likely also be determined by what interconnect hops it all goes through and any one of them could drop things.  So regardless of what we put in Genesys, carriers can and will do their own thing.  The other thing worth noting (although probably not relevant to where you are), some countries likely have legislation preventing carriers from being able to pass through anything like this to prevent spoofing/phishing.

I'd be interested in what you find out on this as I've got a use case for a couple of customers here too and just parked it when I hit the same problem you've mentioned.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Caller ID Name being Stripped by Carrier

Posted 01-04-2022 16:03
    Edited by Bryan De La Cruz 01-04-2022 16:33
    Thank you for your response. All of our calls are within the US so we'll need to see if this is something that a service can be provided for or if we need to register with a database since we're a business. I provided our team with a similar response as yours. I did find a service call “Nuestar Trusted Call” that works for this. I also found this discussion quite helpful. 

https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?GroupId=19&MessageKey=bfb16cb9-90a9-4330-a36a-da751725fc98&CommunityKey=bab95e9c-6bbe-4a13-8ade-8ec0faf733d4&tab=digestviewer

Bryan De La Cruz

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources