Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Script transfer to secure flow but not put agent on hold for return?

Posted 11-11-2020 22:01
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:30
    Hi guys

I want to have my agent script transfer the caller to a secure flow, but I don't want the agent to be left waiting for the secure flow to complete, only a queue by queue basis where the queues share the same agent inbound script.

While I can use the return to agent after completion of flow option in the script, I was hoping to have logic in the secure call flow to provide a data table option to either return to the agent or go to another IVR flow based on which queue the call came in on.

It seems like I can potentially only configure this hard-coded within the script itself at the queue level rather than being able to dynamically do this through a data table option.

I don't want to overcomplicate it but also wondering if I was to pass some inbound variable in participant data to the script and based on that value have the button that calls the secure flow use one of two custom actions - where one of those disconnects the agent after.

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Script transfer to secure flow but not put agent on hold for return?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-12-2020 09:02

You can use the Data Table Lookup action in the secure flow.  But be careful, if you use the Return to Agent action but the agent didn't wait for the secure flow to return, the caller will get hung up on.  There is no way to detect that in the secure flow.

For the rest of it, use 2 different buttons, one that invokes the secure flow & wait and one that invokes the secure flow and doesn't wait.  You can set the visibility of a button in the layout section.  It can use an input variable for the value.  Based on that value, make one button visible and the other button invisible.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/button-script-component/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources