Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 1)

GENESYS
    Posted 05-06-2021 12:27
    Hey Everyone,

I took some time off during vacation to record the first part of our Q&A Episode on WebRTC. In this episode, Alan answers the following questions: 

1. Can WebRTC be used with VDI solutions?
    2. How do you configure VDI WebRTC helpers?
    3. What is STUN and why do I need to open STUN to Google?
    4. What does TURN do and how does it affect WebRTC?
    5. Can I use WebRTC in any supported browser on any device?
    6. Can you explain the WebRTC data and voice paths for home workers and local Edge devices?
    7. What impact does VPN connections have on WebRTC?
    8. What happens to at-home workers if their local Edges are not accessible?
    9. How does WebRTC on the Communicate app work?
    10. What diagnostic tools are available for WebRTC?
    11. About the Opus codec and bandwidth usage. This is a variable bitrate codec. In theory it could use anywhere between 6 kbit/s and 510 kbit/s.
      1. What are the default upper and lower bitrate limits that we allow the Opus codec to use?
      2. Can the customer change these bitrate limits to get better audio quality / use less bandwidth?
    12. We began using Persistent Connection on WebRTC phones to reduce latency when new incoming calls reach an agent. We are seeing improvements. The default Timeout is 10 mins when Persistent Connection is enabled. We are experimenting with 30 mins, 60 mins and 4 hrs.
      1. What's the recommended Timeout?
      2. We have on-premise Edge servers (BYOC premise). Is there an impact on network traffic?

In the next episode, we'll discuss a new feature that is rolling out and get into Vaun's original request for more information on how to setup and takedown WebRTC. If this episode sparks any questions, be sure to ask them here and I'll try to get them answered in Part 2!

Sorry for the delay in getting this episode out! The next one should be coming in a few weeks. 

Cheers,

Matt

#PureCloudQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Genesys Community Manager

• 2.  RE: Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 1)

Posted 06-03-2021 02:55
    Hey Matt

Any ETA on part 2 of this great show?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 1)

GENESYS
    Posted 06-03-2021 07:40

Hey Vaun,

Your timing is impeccable! We are actually filming Part 2 this afternoon, so it will be up at the end of next week at the latest. Need to get my hair did.

Cheers!

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Genesys Community Manager

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources