Genesys Cloud CX

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Time Off Limits

• 1.  Time Off Limits

Posted 12-03-2021 09:51

I am trying to get a better understanding of how these time off limits work.  

If I set a specific allotment for a day is that all that will be auto approved and if other request the time it will need to be manually approved?

If there are specific days I want to block out, so no one can request time, how would I do that?

Just trying to really understand the process so I can share with our business partners.

Thanks!
    Gaelyn

#AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Gaelyn Wanek
    AXA Technology Services America, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Time Off Limits

Posted 12-03-2021 10:46
    Yes, if there are hours available, automatic approval is possible through the Time-off Plans.  As for not allowing a day to have time off, I see that if you set the hours to 0, that allows all time off for that day.  I don't see a way to not allow ANY time off for the day.    I created this idea for that: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WEM-I-844.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Time Off Limits

GENESYS
    Posted 12-04-2021 12:04
    Edited by Jay Langsford 12-04-2021 12:04
    Hi @Robert Wakefield-Carl and @Gaelyn Wanek

Robert, thanks for the idea submission. Ultimately a Product Management task to accept and prioritize, but thought I would ask a follow up here.

What if we added the following options to each time-off plan:

When time-off limit hours are 0:
    (*) Waitlist time-off requests for those days
    (  ) Do not allow agent to submit time-off requests for those days

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 4.  RE: Time Off Limits

Posted 12-04-2021 13:06
    I don't know a single company that would want unlimited time off to be automatically approved so the zero should indicate no hours allowed for that day. At present, zero means any number of hours could be used, according to documentation.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 5.  RE: Time Off Limits

GENESYS
    Posted 12-04-2021 14:40
    If the plan is set to count against time-off limit and the auto approval rule is set to according to time-off limit, then a day with 0 time-off limit hours will mean any requests for that day will be waitlisted (it will not be auto approved).

If you set the auto approval rule to always, then it will approve requests related to the plan regardless of time-off limit hours. If you do not want that behavior then, you should be utilizing 'count against time-off limit' and auto approval of 'according to time off limit'.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/navigate-the-time-off-plans-page/
    Auto approval rule

When to apply the auto-approval rule:

• Never: Does not apply the auto-approval rule to any time-off requests for the specified activity codes. An admin must approve these time-off requests manually.
    • Always: Applies the auto-approval rule to all time-off requests that use the specified activity codes. The system auto-approves these time-off requests, even when they exceed the remaining time-off limit on the requested time-off dates.
    • According to time-off limit: Applies the auto-approval rule to time-off requests according to the time-off limit.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 6.  RE: Time Off Limits

Posted 12-04-2021 15:47
    According to this, 0 turns off limits.

Note: Setting the limit to zero (0) removes the limit from the selected dates.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-the-time-off-limit-for-one-or-more-dates/

Am I reading that wrong?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 7.  RE: Time Off Limits

GENESYS
    Posted 12-05-2021 08:00
    Documentation can have bugs too... I have asked the Product Manager and lead engineer to work with doc on an update. 0 does not mean unlimited.

I interpret Gaelyn's ask about not waitlisting when time-off limit hours is 0 and instead outright prevent/reject the agent from submitting. I have passed along my thoughts and proposal on this enhancement to Product Management.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 8.  RE: Time Off Limits

Posted 12-05-2021 14:16
    Hi @Jay Langsford

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but are you able to please paste into here what items related to time-off requests are already on the dev roadmap cycle?​

Vaun McCarthy

• 9.  RE: Time Off Limits

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2021 17:26
      |   view attached

Thank you Jay and Vaun for the idea.

We will work on improving the documentation to explain 0 time-off limits better.

Our latest roadmap is available in the attached document.

Currently our dev team is working on providing audits for time-off plans, time-off limits and time-off requests. Our next highest priority item is to connect external HRIS systems to Genesys Cloud to auto-approve time-off requests with balances.

Thanks,
    Sanjana

Sanjana Seetharam
    Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees
    sanjana.seetharam@genesys.com

• 10.  RE: Time Off Limits

Posted 12-06-2021 17:50
    Hi Sanjana,

We have added time-off limits, however this doesn't appear to pick up any existing approved leave for the same period. For example if i have added 20 hrs approval limit for 20/12  and there was already 10 hrs leave approved. System is not recognizing them in allocated time off hrs. Is there anyway system can calculate the existing approved hours and adjust the limits accordingly, given the fact this functionality has just been introduced and there has been future leaves approved already.

Thanks,
    Ridhi Sharma

Ridhi Sharma
    Service NSW

• 11.  RE: Time Off Limits

GENESYS
    Posted 12-07-2021 14:14
    Hi Ridhi,

Thank you for your question. Typically, the system looks at the associated time-off plan to deduct from time-off limits. Since, there was no associated time-off plan when the requests were approved, the system would not deduct the limits for already approved requests. Admins would need to manually factor in the allocated hours when setting up the limits.

Could you please provide the approximate number of requests that you would need to adjust limits for (order of hundreds, thousands etc)?

Sanjana Seetharam
    Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Time Off Limits

Posted 12-08-2021 18:32
    Thanks Sanjana for your response and yes we manually deduct the limits for already approved time off. In our case no of adjustment is huge and in thousands.
    Do we have any other way to minimize this manual rework?

Thanks,
    Ridhi Sharma

Ridhi Sharma
    Service NSW

• 13.  RE: Time Off Limits

GENESYS
    Posted 12-10-2021 09:26

Hi Ridhi,

There are 2 options available as an immediate workaround -
    1. You could export the time-off requests from the UI and consolidate hours on a date basis in the file. Then setup time-off limits according to the consolidated file.
    2. You could also get all the time-off requests in a specific date range using API, consolidate them and set up time-off limits accordingly. 

Please note that with both these options, if previously approved requests for the future are cancelled or denied, limits will have to be manually adjusted accordingly.

We have engaged our internal teams to look into this. Please follow this idea for updates.

Thanks,

Sanjana 

Sanjana Seetharam
    Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: Time Off Limits

GENESYS
    Posted 12-03-2021 13:04
    Hi Gaelyn,

There is more information about the new time off features that may help you understand better on our WEM Community
    We have a quick video from our experts that explain a little more in Let Me Pick Your Brain series

Pop over to the WEM Community and take a look

Tracy
    Genesys