Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Capture User input when asked by a voice bot then present data to the agent via script

Posted 03-28-2022 16:49
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:34
    Good morning.

Using the Genesys Bot and Architect , I would like to ask how to store the user input when asked by a bot so that I can show that information to the agent via screen pop.

Let say that bot asked the caller...

Voice BOT: Hello, how can I help you today?
    Caller: The device I ordered last week suddenly stopped working. I need help to fix it.

I want to convert the answer of the caller (first 150 characters) into text and store in participant data so I can show it to the agent via screen pop.
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA) #bot #Architect/Routing 

------------------------------
    Michael Joseph Carreon
    Dexcom, Inc.
    ​​​

• 2.  RE: Capture User input when asked by a voice bot then present data to the agent via script

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-28-2022 21:36
    Have you tried storing as participant data, or as an output from the bot the system variable: Session.LastCollectionUtterance

And then set that as an input for your Agent Script, displayed as a variable?

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Capture User input when asked by a voice bot then present data to the agent via script

Posted 03-29-2022 12:28
    Thanks. That is what I'm looking for (Session.LastCollectionUtterance). 
    There's no participant data settings in the bot flow. What I did is stored the Session.LastCollectionUtterance in a  variable and modified the  data setting to be an output of the call bot flow..

I was able to present the utterance in the screen pop.

Michael Joseph Carreon
    Dexcom, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources