Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to Set specific Users, to set as unable to Call IDD (international) numbers

Posted 04-05-2022 12:59
    Edited by Roddy Bernasor 04-06-2022 01:11
    Hi Community,

i'm new in this Genesys Cloud solution, but with on-premise UC solution experience (Avaya).
    How to you set a specific users to not able to call IDD or international numbers ? im unable to get my head around this settings in Genesys Cloud

#features #Basicfeaturesandfunctionality

Thanks
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Roddy Ryan Bernasor
    AGC Networks
    ​​

• 2.  RE: How to Set specific Users, to set as unable to Call IDD (international) numbers

Posted 04-08-2022 01:07
    Hi Guys,

any comments on this ? thanks

#features #Basicfeaturesandfunctionality

Roddy Ryan Bernasor
    AGC Networks

• 3.  RE: How to Set specific Users, to set as unable to Call IDD (international) numbers

Posted 04-08-2022 01:17
    Hi Roddy

Probably one way is to put the phones for those users into a specific site that doesn't include a number plan for International calling.

Vaun McCarthy

• 4.  RE: How to Set specific Users, to set as unable to Call IDD (international) numbers

Posted 04-17-2022 21:09
    Hi Vaun,

Thanks for this idea...

Im new to Genesys , but have i Avaya Exp.
    Question if you dont mine.
    In the Edge you assigned a Site...  what is the propose on that ? 
    so if a create a Site, sample Site01 then assigned that site to Edge01 does this mean for Site 01 you can only see the External Trunks associated with Edge01 ???

Best Regards,
    Ryan

Roddy Ryan Bernasor
    AGC Networks

• 5.  RE: How to Set specific Users, to set as unable to Call IDD (international) numbers

Posted 04-17-2022 21:10
    Hi Vaun,

Thanks for this idea...

Im new to Genesys , but have i Avaya Exp.
    Question if you dont mine.
    In the Edge you assigned a Site...  what is the propose on that ?
    so if a create a Site, sample Site01 then assigned that site to Edge01 does this mean for Site 01 you can only see the External Trunks associated with Edge01 ???

Best Regards,
    Ryan

#features #Basicfeaturesandfunctionality

Roddy Ryan Bernasor
    AGC Networks

• 6.  RE: How to Set specific Users, to set as unable to Call IDD (international) numbers

Posted 04-18-2022 03:19
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 04-18-2022 03:25
    A site is basically a configuration grouping of a number of things related to telephony routing.  In that are things like:

• Location for the site (not always relevant but it can impact on whether #s are detected as national vs international)
    • Numbering plans
    • Outbound Routes
    • If on-premise which sites to use to identify Edges to use (if the site itself doesn't have any Edges)
    What's key here is the numbering plan and outbound routes.  You setup your numbering plans (or use the default ones)​.  Then in the outbound routes you specify which trunk(s) to use for outbound calls.

You can then put user's phones into specific sites which then controls essentially what routes users can call out.  This could include something like splitting some users to never display a caller ID, and others to always display one - by having separate trunks.  

In your case, all you should need to really do is remove the International number plan from the outbound routes.  You can always test this by using the simulate call tab.  You'd need to test - pending someone else in here pointing out anything I've got wrong :)

Vaun McCarthy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources