View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

• 1.  Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

GENESYS
    Posted 03-25-2022 15:35

Hi All,

Wednesday morning (3/23/22), Genesys Cloud released the Analytics Workspaces feature in Genesys Cloud, which introduced a significant navigational change. Analytics Workspaces will transform the ease with which Interactive Views and Dashboard users are able to consume analytics in Genesys Cloud. From experience, we know that any changes to the UI can be disruptive, therefore we took several steps to verify that Workspaces would be a welcome improvement and to communicate that it was happening.

However, despite these actions, it's become clear that our methods did not effectively reach our user community. We sincerely apologize for the disruption you may have experienced from the update and the subsequent discovery of a permissions bug. Please rest assured that the broader Genesys Cloud team will be looking at our processes and communication paths to ensure that this situation does not occur again.

There have been several requests for more information about our process for this release, so we want to be completely transparent in providing that to this community.

1. Implemented a prolonged, multi-step Beta program: 
      1. Released Analytics Workspaces to internal Genesys Cloud orgs 
      2. Received and implemented feedback for a 2nd round of internal beta testing 
      3. Received and implemented feedback to release to external beta which involved dozens of customers with multiple users over 3 months' time 
      4. Received and implemented feedback to prepare for General Availability (GA) 
    2. Quality Assurance team completed a rigorous testing process prior to GA release 
    3. Took the following steps to communicate about this change: 
      1. Release Notes / Documentation  
      2. Within the Genesys Cloud Application 
        • In-App notification – March 2-17th   
          • Feature coming soon announcement with link to documentation & demo  
        • In-App notification – March 23rd  
          • Release announcement with link to documentation & demo  
      3. Genesys Cloud Community  
        • Q&A Episode dedicated to this feature announcement including demo & documentation (pinned) – February 2022  
        • A pinned discussion post  announcing this feature including documentation & demo – March 18th   
        • Ask Me Anything (AMA) events – Published February 2022  
          • AMA Before Release – March 22nd  
          • AMA After Release – March 29th  
      4. Email Announcements   
        • Upcoming Feature announcement  – The Inside Source Newsletter – February 18th 
        • Community Email about feature and AMA – Week of March 14th  
        • Community Digests – As each post was released  – AMA events, Q&A Show, Discussion post  
      5. Internal and External Roadmap Presentations  
        • Roadmap Sessions – July 2021, October 2021 & January 2022  
        • Announced this feature "In Progress" – October 2021 
        • Announced this feature "In Beta" and targeted for GA late Q1 2022 – January 2022  
        • Also announced at Q4 Partner Roadmap Updates – December 2021 

Although we performed rigorous testing throughout the internal and external beta period, we understand that this release was made more impactful by the discovery of a bug affecting some users' ability to see the link to the Dashboards home page. There are two ways to work around this issue which are posted in this community post. There, you will also find information about the regional availability of the Analytics Workspaces feature. Continue to look at the Community posts for information about when this bug has been fixed and we will update both the Community and Release Notes when the feature is rolled out to additional regions. We are hoping to continue the rollout on the next release cycle on Wednesday, March 30th if the fix is in place by then. We will update the regions who have the feature enabled with the bug fix as soon as it's ready.

Our team will be immediately evaluating this release to make process and communication changes based on lessons learned. We are committed to doing what is right and providing the best possible Genesys Cloud experience for our customers!

Thanks,
    Jacky

#Reporting/Analytics
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Jacqueline Minkler
    Genesys - Employees
    Staff Product Manager, Reporting & Visualizations

• 2.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-27-2022 16:12
    Thanks Jacqueline

Just wanted to say the comms plan above certainly worked for us at least. We were ready to go with comms to our people from the documentation provided for the initial release date. :)

The only part that fell short for us was when the initial release date was missed, the only indication was the events dates had changed, a forum post would have been really good keeping us updated on changes to rollout dates. 

Speaking of, do we have a timeline for the regions where deployment has been put on hold while the bug is being fixed?

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

GENESYS
    Posted 03-28-2022 15:40
    Hi Anton, our plan is to enable APAC & EMEA on Wednesday the 30th.

Maisey Harris
    Senior Development Group Manager, Analytics UI & Reporting
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-28-2022 15:47
    Thanks Maisey :)

Anton Vroon

• 5.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

Posted 03-29-2022 14:58
    Thanks Maisey

Do you have a time (and timezone) for enabling it for the APAC region so I can understand the day and time it will be implemented here in New Zealand (where it is currently Wednesday the 30th)?

Sarah Newell
    Lifeline Aotearoa

• 6.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

GENESYS
    Posted 03-29-2022 15:22
    Sure thing! Here is our schedule for the remaining regions:

EU-CENTRAL-1 FRANKFURT

8:00 PM ET Wed

12:00 AM UTC Thurs

1:00 AM CET Thurs

EU-WEST-1 DUBLIN

EU-WEST-2 LONDON

AP-SOUTHEAST-2 SYDNEY

4:00 PM ET Wed

8:00 PM UTC Wed

7:00 AM AEDT Thurs

AP-SOUTH-1 MUMBAI

1:30 AM IST Thurs

AP-NORTHEAST-1 TOKYO

5:00 AM JST Thurs

AP-NORTHEAST-2 SEOUL

5:00 AM KST Thurs

Maisey Harris
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-29-2022 15:30
    Edited by Anton Vroon 03-29-2022 15:33
    Thanks Maisey

So that will be 9am New Zealand Time tomorrow (Thursday).

Is it possible to get those release times in the future for any other releases, or is there some place where these are published?

Anton Vroon

• 8.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

GENESYS
    Posted 03-29-2022 15:33
    That is the current plan; would it be better to move it up 2 hours from 7:00 AM AEDT Thurs to 5:00 AM AEDT Thurs?

Maisey Harris
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-29-2022 16:29
    Selfishly, no, gives me time to be in the office before the change and handle any noise that comes up. People don't always read comms we send out either.

But if other people say they prefer it moved earlier to the start of the day, then by all means. Just thinking it might impact our Australian neighbors more especially if they have 24/7 Centers, 7am AEDT might be better for them.

Are those release times for other releases published anywhere? Or are those times listed the standard times for UI releases?

Anton Vroon

• 10.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

GENESYS
    Posted 03-29-2022 16:34
    The standard release time is between 8 and 10 AM ET but for this we tried to keep things mostly off-hours per region. Unless I hear otherwise by 2:00 PM ET tomorrow, I'll stick with the schedule above.

Maisey Harris
    Genesys

• 11.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

Posted 03-29-2022 16:50
    Edited by Sarah Newell 03-29-2022 16:57
    Thanks, the scheduled time is OK for us - the key was understanding the day/time in our local time, and I second Anton's query about release times (with timezones) being available anywhere.

Apologies if my next query was covered elsewhere, but what is the immediate user experience with regards to the implementation, for:
    a) Someone logged in to Genesys prior to it being enabled (but who is not in a Performance menu option)
    b) Someone logged in to Genesys prior to it being enabled and who has (say for example) a Performance > Queues or Performance > Interactions screen open

Sarah Newell
    Lifeline Aotearoa

• 12.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

GENESYS
    Posted 03-29-2022 17:00
    a) Someone logged in to Genesys prior to it being enabled (but who is not in a Performance menu option)
    We cache feature enablements in the app so they may not immediately get the update, but when they navigate to the Performance menu options, they'll get the workspace setup; a refresh will be required to update the Performance menu to actually show Workspace

b) Someone logged in to Genesys prior to it being enabled and who has (say for example) a Performance > Queues or Performance > Interactions screen open
    While on the view they won't see any change, but when navigating around or refreshing, they'll be updated to the workspace.

Maisey Harris
    Genesys

• 13.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

Posted 03-29-2022 17:05
    Thanks Maisy

Sarah Newell
    Lifeline Aotearoa

• 14.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

Posted 03-28-2022 03:47
    I wonder, in situations where you know there are new permissions added as part of the release, if it's possible to add the permissions set in the release the prior week (and highlight it in the release notes). We'd then have a week to prepare and implement any necessary role changes to add those permissions rather than scrambling to do it when the new feature is available.

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 15.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

GENESYS
    Posted 03-29-2022 12:11
    Hi James,

We're having discussions about how we can better prepare users when a new feature requires new permissions. We've definitely identified this as a need before we roll out anything of this scale again.

Thanks,​

Maisey Harris
    Genesys

• 16.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

Posted 04-04-2022 16:50
    I had a question about the tabs and saved views...I hope this isn't too confusing. 

If I open a tab to a saved view say the queues view with a default date of prior day and leave that tab open and then logout of Genesys for the day.  The next day when I login to Genesys and go to the workspace, should the view update to the prior day or should it stay with the last run date it had?  

As an example, let's say I open the saved view today (Monday 4/4) and it is showing prior day data (Sunday 4/3).  If I leave that tab open in the workspace and logout for the night, when I login tomorrow and open the workspace, should I expect to see the data from the last time the report was open (data from 4/3), or should the saved query update and show me the data from today (4/4)?  

Thanks!

Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 17.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

GENESYS
    Posted 04-05-2022 09:53
    Hi Jason, I think that makes sense; can you share that as an Idea? We're working with Product Management and User Experience to compile all of these enhancement requests so that we can release a set of improvements to the Workspace experience.

Thanks!

Maisey Harris
    Genesys

• 18.  RE: Analytics Workspace – Latest Update 3/25/22

Posted 04-05-2022 11:30
    Idea submitted - ANLS-I-999  

Thanks!

Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources