Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  MOS score calculation

Posted 04-21-2021 04:55
    Hi all,

Anyone know what's the calculation logic on the Genesys MOS score? Our client is currently using spearline voice assure realtime tool to measure voice quality, the way they measure the voice quality is to compare the incoming recording with a standard / benchmarked recording file and come up the score. they would like to know how is this different from the Genesys MOS, otherwise they have no idea how to calibrate the spearline score with MOS Score after the cutover. I have done some research online, seems there is only MOS Score scale 1-5, but no logic is being provided. Is there anyone know about this? Thanks. 

Brgds, Annie
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Annie Ng
    Accenture Company Limited

• 2.  RE: MOS score calculation

GENESYS
    Posted 04-21-2021 11:34
    Hello,

Just found this page on the Resource Center in case it helps: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/mean-opinion-score-mos-overview/

Regards,

Jerome Saint-Marc
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: MOS score calculation

Posted 04-21-2021 19:23

FWIW, I always use the end to end MOS score from Cyara to their AGDs.

We currently have the same question as you out via a PM. but given it's been a month with no answer, I am going to ask Terry Stocking/VP Networking & Telecom to have someone weigh in here as well as update the documentation Jerome pointed to.  The MOS score I saw was wildly different than that measured by Cyara and a couple of other monitoring apps and activities, hence our question.  I understand Engage Cloud's measurement to the softphone well, not not Cloud's.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources